Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2017 12:31 am  #41

Re: Hora: Everything I Never Said

All of the sudden, our horses fall to their knees, Hinoki and I tumbling off of them. Luckily, they haven't reared, so we lay on the ground unharmed. The moment we stand to our feet, however, we notice the ten masked warriors standing around us.
     "Drop your weapons," the first one orders, his rank of authority distinguished by the way he steps out from the crowd surrounding Hinoki and I.
     "Not until we talk," I speak up before Hinoki can. This peeves Hinoki, but he doesn't say anything as the the first warrior answers me back.
     "There's clearly nothing to talk about -- just drop your weapons."
     "Or what?" I quip back again just as Hinoki opens his mouth.The first warrior raises an eyebrow. "You're new, aren't you?"
     "You're clueless, aren't you?" I return as I slip a quick leg-sweep at the end of my sentence, which begins war.
     When he falls to the forest floor, Hinoki groans in annoyance. "Hora..."
      Two masked warriors lunge toward me at once, to which I duck quickly and backfist them both one at a time. I'm rear-necked choked from behind, but I twist out of it and then tornado kick the face of the surprise warrior. Then I pull out my sword and deflect the dagger that comes striking toward my heart. When the next warrior round-kicks my jaw and I'm thrown to the ground, she crouches over me with her own dagger. I hurriedly leg-sweep her and then use the momentum to twist my body around and kick her in the face.Hinoki is faring about as well as I -- he's knocking out the masked warriors one by one until we're both staring at all ten of them lying unconscious on the ground.
     Hinoki turns to me with a glare. "That was pure luck."
     "I don't believe in luck," I return.
     "We could have talked our way out of that," Hinoki grunts.
     I gesture toward the warriors on the ground. "With how serious they were? No."
     "Hora, if we are ever going to complete the first phase of this mission, you have got to let me lead."
     I fold my arms. "You really should not be leading this mission."
     "Well, I am, and there's nothing you can do about it." I glare harder, but Hinoki continues, "I really can't control what you think about me, nor do I care -- but if you want to fail this mission, go ahead and keep being immature."
     My jaw drops indignantly. I clamp my mouth shut, struggling again to find words. Hinoki finally finishes, "Just stink it up and accept the fact that I'm in charge, okay? It's not that big of a deal. We're still a team."
     My cheeks are flaming with embarassment and my insides with anger, but Hinoki ends the conversation by turning to his horse and beginning to mount. I reluctantly follow his lead, swinging my leg over my horse. We descend the hill and to one of the main roads in the forest -- as main as a mostly hidden one can be. We continue to ride on in silence for miles until we meet the second round of ambushers.
     This time, they toss sharpened arrows which barely miss my heart. Hinoki and I duck, and Hinoki finally orders our dismount. I slip off my horse and we flatten ourselves on the ground to avoid the flying arrow attack.
     "Who's after us?" I break my end of the angry silence.
     "Nobody we need to be meeting right now," he mutters back.
     I turn my head to face him, unable to take it anymore. "If you want me to obey and respect you, that's fine!" I blurt under my breath. "But we're still a team, right?! Then why do you hide things from me?"
     Hinoki turns to look back at me. For a moment, he looks at me as if he's about to refuse my question again. But then he says, "You're right."
     The arrows have stopped by now, and he sits up, to which I repeat. Hinoki then looks around while muttering, "GROUPNAME."
     I try to keep my face from paling in fear as the blood drains from it. Groupname is a terrible mixed group of disowned warriors of every sort -- samurai, hunters, and ninja alike. "And why are they after us?"
     "Why do you think? Obviously one of us has wronged one of them." Hinoki then looks me in the eye. "Recount all of your missions."
     I hate taking orders from him, but I obey. "I've only been on sixteen. The main one that comes to mind was a wanted assassin swearing revenge after I led a team of hunters in to capture him -- but he was sent to prison to await his execution."
     "Was he a ninja?"
     "Yes."
     "Then he escaped. He might be after you."
     "I beg to differ. Recount all your missions."
     "Too many to count, Hora. I've had a lot of outlaws swear vengeance to me. This could be anyone after either one of us."

Okay, now we're at this part.

"If they're after you," I say quietly, "that means they've been tracking you all this way?"
     "Most likely. And if they're after you, someone inside Keisuke's group did you in."
     "But I'm a new recruit. Why would anyone --"
     "You're young and naive," Hinoki tells me again. "They play off of that."
     "Stop calling me young and naive," I hiss between grit teeth.
     "I'm sorry," Hinoki finally sighs, turning his head to look at me again. Then he rewords his statement. "People play off of new recruits because of their certain tendencies."
     I snort in disgust again. "And just because you're a samurai -- that makes you not-newbie enough to act all experienced?"
     "Shh," Hinoki shushes me all of the sudden, looking away again as we are still crouched by our horses.
     I press my lips tightly together, although I wish Hinoki would quit with the secrets and let me in on what he's doing.
     All of the sudden, he grabs my arm and pulls me to my feet as he breaks into a run. "Run!"
     I rip my arm away from his as we pick up speed down the path. "Why?" I gasp.
     "Quit with the questions!" Hinoki yells as we tear down the moonlit dirt road. "Just trust me!"
     I begin to turn my head to look behind ne, but Hinoki catches my action. "And don't look back!"
     I look back anyway and instantly regret it.
     "What the heck!" I cry.
     "What did I tell you?" Hinoki pants as we continue sprinting.
     I don't answer when the ground suddenly drops beneath both of us. We fall into a hidden pit, me with a horrified gasp and Hinoki with a grunt. We collide with the hard dirt at the bottom of the pit, and I moan at the pain as my wrists buckle from the impact. They throb and swell as I sit up and look above me.
     "Thanks for leading us straight into a trap," I snap sarcastically. "Way to go."
     Hinoki rolls his eyes as he sits up, too. "They were after you," he mentions.
     "Correction," I smirk unhappily as I point to the ten heads peeking over us from the ground. "They are still after me."
     "Drop your weapons in the hole," one of them orders.
     Hinoki goes out of his way as we stand up to dagger his eyes into mine, giving me a you-better-obey-me look that says let me handle this. Still looking sternly at me, he drops his weapons. It takes me a hard moment to relent to his command I don't agree with, but I finally reach one hand to the weapon belt around my waist and pull it off.
     "Now climb out -- slowly," the same male voice above us commands.
     Ground level is the top of Hinoki's head. "Can you climb out on your own?" He grins to me before making a move to climb out himself.
     I don't think I can, but I am not letting him help me. "Yes." I bend my knees for momentum and then jump, my fingers barely grasping the dirt ahead. I pull myself up as Hinoki does himself, and we both step foot on the road.
     All ten warriors stare directly at me. "She's eighteen!" One of them guffaws. "She's the hunter you're after?"
     "Quiet," the voice orders. "She's the one."
     He steps over to me, surveying me with his sharp eyes up and down. I can't say I recognize him, but I feel like I should. His distinguishingly piercing eyes seem to stab my very soul.
     Hinoki speaks up. "She's not the one."
     Sharpeyes looks over at him in disgust. Hinoki needs to get his carcass out of here, I muse. He doesn't need a newbie like me. I am keeping him from continuing on with the mission.
     Hinoki continues. "She's not the one you're after."
     Sharpeyes lets out a bitter, hollow laugh. "Oh, she's the one, alright." He grabs my shoulder with his wrenching grip and pulls me close to him, aiming a dagger that gleams moonlight at my heart.
     By now, my heart is sledge-hammering, and the blood has drained from my face in horror. I don't make a move as I stare at the dagger, then at Hinoki. They are serious about ending lives -- if he doesn't leave me and get out of here now, he is done for, too.
     But Hinoki keeps on. "Why on earth would you waste your time killing her when her boss hires hundreds more just like her that are just going to come after you again?"
     Sharpeyes, who has pulled the dagger away quickly to gain momentum for the stab, freezes in his actions. "Don't waste time with the weak ones. They're easy. Take out the big dogs while you still have the anger. Demolish the root of the problem, not every result."
     Sharpeyes' hand is frozen as if he can't decide what to do. I am frozen, too, but in terrorized fear.
     "She's useful left alive," Hinoki then volunteers for me for something I'd really rather not do. "She'll lead you right to the root of the problem."
     Sharpeyes finally lowers the dagger, and I realize I have hardly been breathing this entire time. When he is no longer in the murderous position, I exhale in relief and breathe easier.
     "You're right, samurai," Sharpeyes grins. Then he turns to me. "Where's your boss, kid?"
     My eyes flash over to Hinoki. Does he really want me to lead him straight to Keisuke?
     When Hinoki gives me a slight nod, I look back at Sharpeyes and nod myself. "He's -- he's back south," I force myself to say. Ugh, Keisuke is going to murder me for this.
     "Then lead us to him," Sharpeyes demands.
     I look at Hinoki again in panic. What the heck are you doing?! He just nods again at me, and I look back at Sharpeyes in disbelief that I am actually doing this.
     Sharpeyes puts Hinoki and I at the front of the group and keeps us there with his warriors on each side. We walk side by side, retreating our steps we have just traveled from. If he had not just saved my life, I would be asking him what on earth he thinks he is making me do. But at this point, I kind of trust him.
     When we reach the fork in the road, we all stop abruptly as Sharpeyes demands, "Which way?"
     I catch Hinoki's eye, and he is obviously trying to divert my attention with his gaze to the road next to the one we traveled on. I finally answer, "Right."
     Hinoki and I begin walking again, but all of the sudden he grabs my arm and rips me with him away from the middle of the road. We stand on the edge and watch all ten warriors collide into another one of their pits.
     "Now we run!" Hinoki shouts.
     At this, we both break into a sprint for our lives. We hear the angry voices of the Groupname behind us, and they drive us on to tear down the dirt road even faster.
     We don't stop until Hinoki ...

Last edited by MadCat (4/21/2017 10:13 am)

http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Madi-AGH.png

Madi | 18 | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

Signature last updated July 13, 2021

// STATUS: I may not be as active here anymore, but I am literally ALWAYS available online! Just comment on my personal blog >>> HERE and let's chat (or if you know my email, you can email me too!).

// CURRENT ANTHEM:  we don't have to feel lonely ♪ Feel Lonely (Matthew Parker Remix) by Sam Bowman and also American Girl's Fun Fest music XD

// WARFARE PROGRESS: Writing the fifth draft now! Keep up with my progress by following me on MyWriteClub!

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney • TLC JLY #27 • TLC Elizabeth • Joss • 35th Anniversary Felicity • 35th Anniversary Samantha • 35th Anniversary Molly • Kanani

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls | Life Undefeated | Madison Grace | Adventure in the Air

http://madisongraceauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AGH-Madi-2.png

4/21/2017 6:17 am  #42

NOOOOOOOO, DON'T STOP! I NEED MORE!

Liz - Roman Catholic - Cowgirl - Future State Trooper - Bookworm - Hopeful Future Author -  Country Music Fan - Movie and TV Show Junkie - Homeschooler - Etsy Shop Owner - ISTP

4/21/2017 7:52 am  #43

Tehehe! I couldn't write another word, I fell asleep soon after. 😄

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: I may not be as active here anymore, but I am literally ALWAYS available online! Just comment on my personal blog >>> HERE and let's chat (or if you know my email, you can email me too!).

// CURRENT ANTHEM:  we don't have to feel lonely ♪ Feel Lonely (Matthew Parker Remix) by Sam Bowman and also American Girl's Fun Fest music XD

// WARFARE PROGRESS: Writing the fifth draft now! Keep up with my progress by following me on MyWriteClub!

Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney • TLC JLY #27 • TLC Elizabeth • Joss • 35th Anniversary Felicity • 35th Anniversary Samantha • 35th Anniversary Molly • Kanani

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls | Life Undefeated | Madison Grace | Adventure in the Air

4/21/2017 7:54 am  #44

I understand. Just PLEASE don't take to long to write the next part..I LOVE IT!!

Liz - Roman Catholic - Cowgirl - Future State Trooper - Bookworm - Hopeful Future Author -  Country Music Fan - Movie and TV Show Junkie - Homeschooler - Etsy Shop Owner - ISTP

4/21/2017 7:56 am  #45

LOL! Yes ma'am! 😄 Next part coming up probably this afternoon. 😄

// MY WEBSITES

4/21/2017 8:01 am  #46

Yay! 😀😀😀😀

4/21/2017 10:13 am  #47

Whoops, I didn't post an entire part. I edited the first post on this page with what I forgot to add.

// MY WEBSITES

4/21/2017 9:16 pm  #48

*cries* Guys, I need to write 2k today and I have not written a single word. HOW AM I GOING TO DO THIS. O_O

// MY WEBSITES

4/21/2017 9:40 pm  #49

I will help you along. I have 2k to write today as well.

4/21/2017 9:42 pm  #50

Ahh thanks girl. We staying up late again? ;D

// MY WEBSITES

4/21/2017 9:44 pm  #51

Sure, why not? *grabs cafe caramel shake* Want one?

4/21/2017 9:44 pm  #52

*raises eyebrow* A'ight. I'll give it a try.

// MY WEBSITES

4/21/2017 9:45 pm  #53

*grabs another one*

4/21/2017 9:49 pm  #54

*sips* Ayyy, this is good when you need it. :D

// MY WEBSITES

4/21/2017 9:50 pm  #55

Yup. *takes a nice long sip*

4/21/2017 9:52 pm  #56

*gulps it down* Le whoops.

// MY WEBSITES

4/21/2017 9:53 pm  #57

What?

4/21/2017 9:56 pm  #58

Caffeeeeeeine.

// MY WEBSITES

4/21/2017 9:58 pm  #59

Ah.

4/21/2017 10:00 pm  #60

YOUR SIGGYYYYYYYY YOU'RE SO PRETTYYYYYY

// MY WEBSITES

Board footera