Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2017 12:10 pm  #1

School Papers

This is where you can post the paragraph, essays, book reports, research reports,etc. There is just one rule :NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO TAKE A PAPER AND USE IT FOR THERE SCHOOLWORK. IF YOU MUST USE INFORMATION GIVE PROPER CREDIT.

Thank you. Post away!

Liz - Roman Catholic - Cowgirl - Future State Trooper - Bookworm - Hopeful Future Author -  Country Music Fan - Movie and TV Show Junkie - Homeschooler - Etsy Shop Owner - ISTP

5/08/2017 12:12 pm  #2

Re: School Papers

The Singing Tree
Written in November of 2015

In the historical novel, the Singing Tree by Kate Seredy, the author shows that a
common goal among people of different nationalities and religious beliefs is to live a peaceful
life. Even when nations become entangled in the destructive acts of the Great War in 1914, the
common man still strives for peace. Kate Nagy and her cousin Jansci, both thirteen years old,
and their family represent the common man in Hungary who tries to live in accord with his fellow
man. In this book, the Hungarian people live together in peace and harmony, even in wartime,
as shown by the Nagys’ loving family life, their ability to live and work together with people of
different cultures, and their recognition that all men are brothers.
Throughout the book, the Nagys illustrate a loving family life. At one point in the book,
Jansci, Kate and Sandor Nagy, stay out late, therefore Jansci does not get his chores done.
These chores include harrowing the corn and milking the cow and they were important chores
that Jansci’s father, Marton Nagy, counted on him to do. When the trio come back to the farm,
Marton Nagy is disappointed and angry with Jansci. Kate, Jansci’s mother, and Sandor, all
stand up for Jansci and Marton Nagy is no longer angry with Jansci. A little later in the book, the
family is portrayed as a loving family as they sit together on the grass, under a tree, and enjoy
each other’s company. Lily, a friend who is living with the Nagys, then tells Marton Nagy how
happy she is to be living with the Nagys on the farm.The Nagys are shown to be a loving family
throughout this story as they work and play together.
The Singing Tree demonstrates that people from different cultures may live and work
together for the sake of peace and harmony. When Jansci’s father, Marton Nagy, is called to
serve in the military, he leaves a book telling Jansci what he should do on the farm everyday.
Jansci reads the daily note and it instructs him to ask Uncle Moses to get Russian prisoners to
help with the work on the farm, including the upcoming harvest. Jansci then takes the
responsibility of watching over six Russian prisoners as they work on the farm. Each prisoner
knows a little bit of the Hungarian language so that they can communicate with the Nagy family;
and each takes a job helping on the farm. The Russian prisoners are soon just like part of the
family because the Nagy family treats them well, just like they were one of the family. Later in
the story, when Marton Nagy comes home from the war, the Russians stay on to continue
helping on the farm, until the war is over, and are happy the “Big Boss” is home.
People of different backgrounds recognize that they share common needs and desires
with their fellow men. When the Nagy family takes in six little German children, to help feed andcare for them during the war, each person on the farm enjoys being with them and helping them
feel at home. When the children first come, they are afraid of the big Russians men. However,
the Russians find a way into the children’s hearts, by showing them the kittens and other baby
animals. The children then like the big Russian men and become friends with them. Their
friendship shows that no matter what age a person is or what nationality they are, people still
have a desire to be accepted and to have friends. When a little German boy, Hans, finds out
about the death of his father, the Nagy family help comfort the sad German boy. Grief is a
common human emotion and the Nagy family is able to share the little boy’s grief and comfort
him. The Nagy family, Russian men, and German children, share common needs and desires
which is shown in this tale.
In the Singing Tree, the Nagy family represents the Hungarian people who love their
family, live and work with people of different cultures, and realize that all men are their brothers.
During the First World War, the Nagy family live and work on their farm with Russian men to
help them, and German children that the family are caring for. Though these people all
represent different cultures, they live and work together happily. This is an excellent book which
shows how well people can work together for a common goal, no matter how different their
cultures are.

Sorry for the strange format. I am on my phone.

Last edited by SaintsBridget&Patrick (5/08/2017 12:14 pm)

Liz - Roman Catholic - Cowgirl - Future State Trooper - Bookworm - Hopeful Future Author -  Country Music Fan - Movie and TV Show Junkie - Homeschooler - Etsy Shop Owner - ISTP

5/09/2017 6:34 am  #3

Wow, that was GREAT, Liz!

I haven't written an essay in weeks, but I'm due for one soon and will post it here! XD

http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Madi-AGH.png

Madi | 15 | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: I'm going to the doctor to get my knee fluid drained, am starting a new AIP (autoimmune protocol), and plan to get back to blogging and writing soon. 

// CURRENT ANTHEM:  now I fight back / I got dreams, I got dreams / enemies, enemies / follow me / oh they gonna hate on me / hit the dust / look at it all come back / yeah, blood on my road / yeah, God save my soul / like ah-ah-ah / pray for me like ah-ah-ah / take the brakes off me! ah-ah-ah ♪ Fashion Joe (feat. KB) by GAWVI

// WARFARE PROGRESS: I think I'm going to have to set Warfare aside for a while. There is no premise or theme, and I'm really worried about it. :/

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls | Life Undefeated | Madison Grace

http://madisongraceauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AGH-Madi-2.png

5/09/2017 9:18 am  #4

I'm doing one on Lafayette right now...

Once, there were children with stars in their veins.
 I'm Daisy, an INTP, ADHD writer with caffiene and a dream.
I believe it is my duty to honor God through fantasy, and I will bombard you with information about faeries until you want to kill me. Ask me about my fandoms.
WIP quote: "Great, no one killed me in my sleep!"
Currently reading: Crowns of Croswald
Currently listening: LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU UST MADE ME DO

If you need a reccomendation for clean fantasy/sci-fi books and movies, just ask me!

|Marvel| |DC| |Star Wars| |Star Trek| |Narnia| |LotR| |KotLC| |LEGO| |HGTG|  |Hunger Games| |Disney|

Iron man = awesome, Batman = awesome, Loki = awesome, Zaphod = awesome, Haymitch x Effie = awesome, K2SO = awesome, C3P0 = awesome, Spock = awesome, Eustace = awesome, Keefe = awesome, Biana = awesome, Bilbo = awesome, Pippen = awesome, Princess Leia = awesome, Batgirl = awesome, Tamatoa = awesome

<happydayswithanonymousa.blogspot.com> <https://www.instagram.com/dragoncologist> Twitter: @Dragoncologist

http://68.media.tumblr.com/45ecf08bb5faa2aada043d60d95ee799/tumblr_oiadbvdaVh1u8a9qvo1_500.gif

5/12/2017 5:01 pm  #5

Composition 8
Practice Paragraph 1

How Books Influence Reader’s Lives     

Many different kinds of books, such as classics, survival and adventure, and Roman Catholic saint biographies, influence readers in different ways. A classic like The Lord of the Rings might change someone’s atheistic life by reading the Catholic aspects the author portrays in the characters he created. Maybe a spark of adventure is struck when a person reads The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Someone might change their big decision to climb Mount Everest after reading Into Thin Air, a survival story about the Everest disaster in the 1990s. A history buff might thoroughly enjoy reading about an Air Force pilot who parachuted out of his plane over Nazi-infiltrated Holland, in Behind Enemy Lines. People who want to become more virtuous might resort to saint biographies such as St. Rose of Lima and St. Bernadette Soubirous. Different genres of books influence different readers in many different ways and the only way a person finds out how a book affects them, is to read it. 

Last edited by SaintsBridget&Patrick (5/12/2017 5:02 pm)

6/06/2017 9:42 am  #6

I just turned this in. >:D

Essay: The Importance of Language Mechanics
Language Arts -- Unit 6: Mechanics and Structure of English

The use of language mechanics is very important. A society without the use of language mechanics, and especially without the use of punctuation (commas, apostrophes, hyphens, quotation marks, parentheses, etc.), would be a very confusing one. In fact, early Greek writing was exactly like that.

Ancient Greek writing contains no punctuation at all. There was no need to decide when to capitalize letters, because all the letters were capitals. The earliest Greek writing did not even have spaces between words. Can you imagine how confusing this must have been? There was no punctuation, capitalization, and sometimes even no spaces.

Imagine all the effects this could have if this was our society today. We would easily get confused on what a person writing a letter or such meant. We would find ourselves asking many questions, double guessing, and assuming things the writer meant that could be completely wrong.

What if your mother sent you to the grocery store for milk, eggs, bread, butter, and cereal? If all of these words were together with no spaces or commas, it would look like this: milkeggsbreadbuttercereal. Milkeggs? Breadbutter? Or buttercereal? You would easily get confused on what your mother is really sending you to buy. The same thing could happen with chocolate, underwear, worms, and shoes: chocolateunderwearwormsshoes. Chocolateunderwear? Underwearworms? I’m dying laughing just trying to imagine these.

Imagine if your boss wanted you to write a letter to another company. If it went something like this: HELLOWEARETHISREALLYCOOLCOMPANYANDYOUMUSTBUYALLOFOURPRODUCTSNOW, that would be quite difficult to read and understand. That other company would be quite confused, and they could completely misunderstand and make a false assumption about the meaning of your letter. This could result in the terrible demise of your boss’s company. He could quite possibly go bankrupt from all the rumors spread about the terrifying communication skills of his deviously bad company, all because you didn’t use language mechanics or punctuation -- and you would have a very angry boss. You would probably run for the hills, screaming in terror.

Imagine a blog post with this type of language. Followers and readers would be very, very confused, and the commenters… oh my. Oh my. Oh my. The whole entire blog and world and universe would be a big confusing mess and it would all be your fault for not using proper English language, the use of language mechanics, and punctuation.

Without the use of language mechanics and punctuation, our world and society would be a very crazy, confusing place. The English language has made sure we eliminate the most confusion as possible. Be thankful for the use of language mechanics and punctuation, or else you will have a very angry mother and a very angry boss chasing you down while you run for the hills.

http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Madi-AGH.png

Madi | 15 | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: I'm going to the doctor to get my knee fluid drained, am starting a new AIP (autoimmune protocol), and plan to get back to blogging and writing soon. 

// CURRENT ANTHEM:  now I fight back / I got dreams, I got dreams / enemies, enemies / follow me / oh they gonna hate on me / hit the dust / look at it all come back / yeah, blood on my road / yeah, God save my soul / like ah-ah-ah / pray for me like ah-ah-ah / take the brakes off me! ah-ah-ah ♪ Fashion Joe (feat. KB) by GAWVI

// WARFARE PROGRESS: I think I'm going to have to set Warfare aside for a while. There is no premise or theme, and I'm really worried about it. :/

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls | Life Undefeated | Madison Grace

http://madisongraceauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AGH-Madi-2.png

6/06/2017 9:47 am  #7

XD

https://media.giphy.com/media/26vIfjCYWUeCoIaB2/giphy.gif
Homeschooled, Catholic, and 13

6/06/2017 10:36 am  #8

Woah.

6/06/2017 1:42 pm  #9

The Pages of Literature (English 6, Unit 4)
​BY: L.T. DYSLIN

Tell me, how many books have you ​read this year? Even if you read avidly, how many books, stories, or poems have you read for fun? This year, we should expand our horizons in reading. Not convinced? Here are some reasons why. 
​   Firstly, reading broadens your knowledge of various subjects, and not just on a topic a book is about. Because I have read so many different books, I have a broadened vocabulary, and it expands whenever I read. This could help you get good grades in spelling and English. There are also many different books on many different topics. Let's say you are studying the Civil War in history class, and struggling with remembering all the dates and places. Reading a fiction book on the subject, such as American Girl's "Addy" series, can help you learn the details in a fun and interesting way. 
​   Secondly, reading entertains. If you have spent many hours being bored -- maybe going back from your computer, to the TV, and back to the computer again, wondering what to do, reading can be a solution for that. It is a good alternative to screens, and there are so many different books on so many different topics you can almost never get bored or run out of things to read. 
​   Finally, reading teaches you important life lessons. If you choose the right stories, they can teach you, captivate you, or even change your life. Imagine if you couldn't read the Bible. How would you have a better understanding of God and His commandments, plus His promises to you? It's also the same with other things -- school subjects, life in other countries, and people. 
​   So that's why, the next time you go to the library with a sibling or your mom, you should consider checking out a book that looks interesting to you. You might just enjoy it! ***

​(This was written with Jo, who doesn't like reading, in mind. LOL)  

https://media.giphy.com/media/2wh5JIuq5hPXp9htLP/giphy.gif
Lydia // Sinner saved by Grace // No longer homeschooled // 14 // ESFJ // Extrovert // Reader // Writer // Geek // Sports enthusiast // Philadelphia sports fanatic 
FAVORITE MUSIC: Relient K, Owl City, Kings Kaleidoscope, NEEDTOBREATHE, Echosmith, Lights
FAVORITE BOOKS: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, The Trixie Belden series, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Christy Miller series
FAVORITE MOVIES:  The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Jane Eyre 2006,  Pride and Prejudice 1995, The Princess Bride 
FAVORITE SHOWS:  Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Death in Paradise, Father Brown, 

Board footera