Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2017 1:21 pm  #41

Re: Loyalty Updates

Thanks so much!!  I'm super excited about it 

http://madigrace.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Hey-there-300X213.jpg

Madi | 14yo professional blogger | YouTuber | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ | devil butt-kicker | Drama Mama

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: Turning DWOD into a business and writing Warfare Book I!

// CURRENT ANTHEM: ♪ you're better off playing Russian roulette / than getting in the booth with me / 'cause I get a little bit intense / I'm look who's this / y'all better watch it / take a look at where the clock is / it's my time ♪ –Real by NF

NOVEL PROGRESS: Writing novel wuphfeilwrfhuqew ahhh SO EXCITING

// DAILY EPIC QUOTE: "I can't lose with Him on my side." –Aaron Cole & Capital Kings

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie
 • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls // professional doll collecting
Delightful World of Dolls YouTube Channel // AGSMs
Madi Grace // personal + ministry
Madison Grace // writing

Prayer? Advice? Encouragement? Wanna chat? PM me about anything and everything!

--Madi

1/13/2017 11:28 am  #42

Mon. Jan 9 - Fri. Jan 13, 1:48 AM 

Hello, hello, hello!

I wrote 3,092 words in Chapter 23 and finished it this morning! Chapter 23 - The Dawn is finished at a total of 7,763 words. Then I began chapter 24 - Because I Won't (I'm actually thinking of titling it Because I Can, but it'll just remain Because I Won't for now XD). I only wrote 542 words before I grew so tired I couldn't write anymore. I also had hit a roadblock and couldn't decide on this major part, whether to go ahead and wrap the book up right then and there or try to fit in more to make it to 25 chapters. Finally, before I slipped into slumber, I decided to push for 25 chapters. 

Today I went with my parents and brother to send our RV in for evaluation on how much it would sell for. I wrote 247 words, but I felt like so much more because I was really excited about what I was writing. XD My brother is a very distracting human being, though, so that probably didn't help. We were waiting in an understaffed lobby, too, so noisy people and customers going back and forth can greatly disturb the author trying to absorb herself into what she is writing. I was doing a pretty good job of it until we had to go back to our van while our RV was going through its first round of evaluation. I want to write more tonight. :D

It's snippet time - but because I want to, I'll post two! A small one from each.

Snippet of Chapter 23 - The Dawn

"I'm saying we hightail it out of here," Hinoki proposed quickly.
     "We can't just leave her!" I argued.
     "It's either her getting captured now and us coming back for her later, or all three of us getting captured and you getting killed. Which option sounds better to you?"
     I groaned. "She's going to think I've abandoned her. I'm not about to do that to my friend."
     Hinoki just sighed, stood up, grabbed my hand, and pulled me to my feet. Holding both of my hands and studying my eyes with his concerned ones, he told me, "Listen, Ari. If we go now, it'll be better for both of you guys. Do you trust me or not?"
      "I'm not sure how you want me to answer that," I murmured softly.
      "Just be honest. Do you trust me?"
     I implored his honest eyes for a moment. "I trust you," I sighed.
      "Then let's get out of here," Hinoki grinned, giving my hands a squeeze before leading the way back to our horses. We broke into a run, not stopping until we had almost covered the one-fifth of the mile between our horses and us.
      When we had reached our faithful rides, they looked troubled and uneasy. I reached to untie my horse's reigns from the tree, but a tranquilizer arrow pierced my leg and I fell face-first on the ground, completely blacked out. 

Okay. Chapter 24...

Snippet of Chapter 24 - Because I Won't

Once back in the empty wooden room in which I had first woken up, I began to wonder just what was going to happen to me. Would Hinoki and Yakana remain hidden from Maruko? Would Maruko really kill me like that guard had said?
      I stood by the foggy window of that miserably cold room, focusing in on my reflection. I stared at myself - wet chocolate brown eyes, caramel curly hair tumbling past my shoulders. Hands tied behind my back, lips pressed tight in miserable worry.
     I closed my eyes, hating what I was seeing - a pitiful, defeated warrior about to face her death one way or another. In doing so, a tear leaked out of my eye and crawled down my cheek. Eleven years of training had prepared me for a lot, but in that hopeless moment, I just didn't know what to do.
      When I opened my eyes again, I gazed through the hazy glass panes. All I could see was the grass of the valley, blurred to my eyes by the fog resting on the window. I wonder what Yakana and Hinoki are thinking right now, I ruminated as the sky began to burst with the bright colors of the rising sun. I wonder what they're doing, what they're planning, where they're going. I wonder if they're thinking about me
And then an asterisk switches us over to the 2nd main character's point of view. It's really fun to write in his point of view... It makes a few of my real-life beta readers just want the two main characters together all the more. XD

Well, I'd better go finish school... Bye, whatever random guests are on! :D *waves* I'll be writing some more tonight. A lot more. Ahemhopefullyahem.

P.S. Loyalty, Book I's total wordcount is 110,076 words *dies*

Last edited by MadCat (1/13/2017 11:31 am)

Madi | 14yo professional blogger | YouTuber | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ | devil butt-kicker | Drama Mama

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// CURRENT ANTHEM: ♪ you're better off playing Russian roulette / than getting in the booth with me / 'cause I get a little bit intense / I'm look who's this / y'all better watch it / take a look at where the clock is / it's my time ♪ –Real by NF

// DAILY EPIC QUOTE: "I can't lose with Him on my side." –Aaron Cole & Capital Kings

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/13/2017 11:32 am  #43

You use Evernote to write your books/stories, correct? 

https://media.giphy.com/media/T2bzsIuGA8Wk0/giphy.gif
​Hi, I'm Lydia Therese Dyslin. I'm a Christian, homeschooled 13-year-old girl. I'm an ESFJ on the Meyers-Briggs Personality Test. Some of my hobbies include reading, writing, blogging, sewing, singing, playing the piano, and cooking. I am on my nearby Christian school's basketball team, and I LOVE it. I am a fangirl and also a TV junkie, and I enjoy many different shows including Star Trek: TOS, Star Trek: VOY, Star Trek: DS9, Sherlock, Death in Paradise, Midsomer Murders, Father Brown, and Miss Marple. My favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and my favorite book series is The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. 
I enjoy theology -- I am only 13 so sometimes I'll be reading an article and it is a little beyond me, but I try to research it and think about things within a Christian perspective. I also enjoy politics and economics. Things that make me think. 
​That's me!

~Lydia~ <3 

1/13/2017 11:46 am  #44

Yes! It's very organized, and I love it. The only thing I don't like is that the evernote.com and the Evernote mobile app don't show you how many words you've written, so if I'm curious I have to copy and paste my note into a Word document. The Evernote computer app will show you though.

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/13/2017 4:10 pm  #45

Yeah, I just discovered Evernote and I'm hoping to transfer all my stuff onto there, it's super cool! Probably the best writing/note-taking program I have used so far. I just wanted to know if anybody else used it as well.  

https://media.giphy.com/media/T2bzsIuGA8Wk0/giphy.gif
​Hi, I'm Lydia Therese Dyslin. I'm a Christian, homeschooled 13-year-old girl. I'm an ESFJ on the Meyers-Briggs Personality Test. Some of my hobbies include reading, writing, blogging, sewing, singing, playing the piano, and cooking. I am on my nearby Christian school's basketball team, and I LOVE it. I am a fangirl and also a TV junkie, and I enjoy many different shows including Star Trek: TOS, Star Trek: VOY, Star Trek: DS9, Sherlock, Death in Paradise, Midsomer Murders, Father Brown, and Miss Marple. My favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and my favorite book series is The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. 
I enjoy theology -- I am only 13 so sometimes I'll be reading an article and it is a little beyond me, but I try to research it and think about things within a Christian perspective. I also enjoy politics and economics. Things that make me think. 
​That's me!

~Lydia~ <3 

1/13/2017 5:03 pm  #46

Oh, okay! Yeah, I love it (way easier and more organized then scrolling forever in one single note on my iPhone through thousands of words to get to a chapter XD)!

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/28/2017 12:31 pm  #47

Oops. I posted this at 2:06 AM on the wrong thread... I was that out of it. XD

Saturday, January 28, 2017, 1:50 AM

AHHHHH I JUST FINISHED CHAPTER 24 THREE MINUTES AGO!!! THIS IS THE SECOND TO LAST CHAPTER AND I STILL FEEL SO INSPIRED TO WRITE AFTER THE [exactly] 1,500 WORDS I WROTE JUST NOW!!! I AM BEGINNING CHAPTER 25 RIGHT NOW!!! No, I don't plan on getting any sleep tonight. But that's normal. AHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! CHAPTER 24 IS FINISHED AT 8,347 WORDS, MAKING IT THE SECOND LONGEST CHAPTER IN THE ENTIRE BOOK BY ONLY THREE WORDS! XD Actually, hold on. I am going to change that. I want it to be THE LONGEST. Let me add some adjectives where there are none real quick.

YES! CHAPTER 24 IS OFFICIALLY 8,378 WORDS, MAKING IT THE LONGEST CHAPTER IN MY ENTIRE BOOK BY ONE WORD. XD Loyalty's total word count is now 118,454 words. THAT IS LONGER THAN ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!

I'm renaming chapter 24 to something besides "Because I Won't." I'll have to think on that as I hop on over to write chapter 25 now.

Okay, I'm done freaking out. I've calmed down now. I know I'm quite crazy, but give me a break... It is, after all, now 2:03 AM in the morning... I'd better get started on chapter 25 before I get too tired. :D

OH WAIT!!! MWAHAHA SNIPPET!

Actually, no. Never mind. I want to go ahead and write before I lose my inspiration. Snippet coming later.

BYE! :D

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/29/2017 1:39 pm  #48

Sunday, January 29, 2017, 1ish - 4:06 AM

By the way, I added more to chapter 24 on Saturday after I posted the above update. It is now 9,011 words and the book's total word count is 119,087! I also renamed chapter 24 to Smart Thinking. Chapter 25 will be Because I Won't unless I find a better name for it.

I stayed up until 4:06 AM this morning writing in chapter 25. I think I began around 1 or 1:30. Unfortunately, my progress was immensely slow and I only wrote 1,226 words. It also didn't help that I didn't want to get burned out on Overwhelmed, my favorite writing piece, and tried to find some new writing music at that same website. I wasted a lot of time on that and ended up listening to Overwhelmed on loop anyway. 😂

Anyway. I'm due for two snippets. So here we go!

Snippet of Chapter 24 - Smart Thinking

His arms were folded and his expression was simpering. Oh, no, I realized as my heart sank in disappointment. Busted.
      When Anata turned and saw him, Rasako raised an eyebrow. "I'm surprised to see you still breathing. I was positive Maruko had fired you weeks ago, along with chopping your head clean off."
     Anata's eyes blazed at him, her icy cold glare piercing into his. "Thanks a lot for turning me in. I die in five days thanks to you."
     "I'm just doing my job, but you're welcome."
     Anata rolled her eyes as she scoffed, then leaned against the wall with her arms crossed.
     "You really are a traitor," I hissed to him in anger, and he glanced at me.
     "And you're a pathetic loser. I don't know why Hinoki wanted to help you find the assassin."
     "And that's another thing. You betrayed your own friend! How could you?"
     Rasako raised an eyebrow again. "Is that all?"
     "Hinoki trusted you - you both worked together and were friends! How could you turn us in like that? You're such a lowdown, good for nothing backstabber. You're a real jerk, you know that?"
      "You're a real idiot, you know that?" Rasako returned.
      "I don't know how you live with yourself, Rasako Kakkoi."
     Rasako seemed bored. "Are you done?" When I didn't answer fast enough, he announced, "Great. 'Cause before you try to make me feel bad with your little sob story, I've got a proposition that you'll like."

Snippet of Chapter 25 - Because I Won't

Freedom had never felt so amazing; we had each been so tormentingly close to our deaths and had almost completely given up. But as we tore away from Maruko's valley and retained safe distance from the guards who relentlessly followed our trail, I was ever so glad that we hadn't given up.
      That's when a blockade of horsebacked warriors stopped us in our tracks.
      There had to have been fifty to a hundred of them, each with their orders to keep us from our escapade. It took everything in me not to begin to cry; we were so close. Freedom had been dangled in front of us like a carrot, and for this?
     Anata and I glanced around for any possible chances of escape, but as the guards who had been following us caught up and closed off the sides, we knew it was hopeless.
      I grimaced in despair, squeezing my eyes shut to keep back the flood of tears. It was over.
      "I commend your efforts, I really do," we heard a voice to our left speak up. Anata and I turned to face Kazanawi, who was standing in front of the surrounding circle of warriors and guards alike with his arms crossed. He was just smirking and shaking his head. "But unfortunately for you both, the efforts of two are nothing against the plans of an army."
     I daggered my eyes into his, boiling with anger and frustration. I felt like killing him and sobbing all at once, but all I could do was fight the urge to tremble. Anata began to let out a string of foul insult after insult accompanied by a ton of cursing, but Kazanawi just simpered. "Save your breath. You're going to want all you've got left of it before I bring about your death, spy."
     "You lack class, you know that?" Anata blurted at him, her voice filled with loathing anger and hatred.
      Kazanawi just chuckled as he met my gaze again. 

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/29/2017 2:47 pm  #49

i finally got back to my Loyalty reading, as you can probably tell Madi! LOL!

Salve!
           I'm Liz.
                       I am a big tv show/movie person and enjoy 24, Narnia, Person of Interest, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Hunger Games, Adam-12, Pysch, Blue Bloods, Murdoch Mysteries and more!
                                                                                 I am a ROMAN CATHOLIC!
Check out my Etsy Shop, American Cat Creations
                                                                                                                                   I am an ISTP from the Meyers-Briggs personality test.
                            I am considered to be funny by my family and acquaintances.

http://www.setonhome.org/wpsetonhome/wp-content/themes/Seton-1/images/Seton-Top.pnghttps://i.giphy.com/PdUQd3ap2DDLW.gif 

1/29/2017 4:41 pm  #50

LOL! Yes! Thank you SO much for reading those chapters today and giving your feedback! 

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/29/2017 5:40 pm  #51

Your welcome! It is a great book! I am on chapter 14 now and loving every word!

Salve!
           I'm Liz.
                       I am a big tv show/movie person and enjoy 24, Narnia, Person of Interest, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Hunger Games, Adam-12, Pysch, Blue Bloods, Murdoch Mysteries and more!
                                                                                 I am a ROMAN CATHOLIC!

http://www.setonhome.org/wpsetonhome/wp-content/themes/Seton-1/images/Seton-Top.pnghttps://i.giphy.com/PdUQd3ap2DDLW.gif 

1/29/2017 5:59 pm  #52

Oh my goodness, thank you SOO much! :D Chapter 14 was so fun to write, I hope you enjoy it! :D

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/31/2017 1:03 pm  #53

Tuesday, January 31, 2016

As of now, Chapter 25 - Because I Won't (Ugh. I thought that title was SO cool when I first thought of it, but now I'm extremely annoyed at it. I am totally going to change it. Scrap the title. ) is at 2,160 words. I've been working on it since January 29th, and I wanted to have at least 2.5k by now. I tried doing some word sprints, and my record was 93 words in a minute. But that was on my phone... and there was a lot of typos. XD The word sprints did kind of force me to write without stopping, but it also made it slightly less enjoyable, because I really like to think before I write. So it's pretty interesting, trying these new ways of writing. 

Today is the last day of January, and I wanted to have 15k words written. Have I made that goal? *runs chapters written this month through word processor*

I'VE WRITTEN...

11,054 words.

NOOOOOO!

But alas, January is not over. IT'S NOT OVER! I'm going to really try to get to 15k words this month - this day will be a writing day!

If I don't get 15k, I'm glad that I shot for it and got 11k rather than shooting for 5k and only getting that much. Even if you shoot high and miss, it's better than if you shoot low and take it. 

Still, I'm going to get 15k today! Wish me luck, guys! I need to write 3,946 words, which is more than I've ever written in a day... 

Wish me luck!!

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/31/2017 4:11 pm  #54

Good Luck, Madi! I have confidence you can accomplish it!

Salve!
           I'm Liz.
                                                                                 I am a ROMAN CATHOLIC!

1/31/2017 5:21 pm  #55

Thank you SO much, Liz!! You'll never believe what I finished today!! 

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/31/2017 5:35 pm  #56

MadCat wrote:

Your welcome! I can only imagine! Did you reach it?

Salve!
           I'm Liz.
                                                                                 I am a ROMAN CATHOLIC!

1/31/2017 6:10 pm  #57

SaintsBridget&Patrick wrote:

MadCat wrote:

Your welcome! I can only imagine! Did you reach it?

I didn't get to five thousand words - instead I finished the entire book! I can't believe it! I'm so excited! 

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

1/31/2017 7:26 pm  #58

can u send me the link to chapter 24 and 25 please!

Salve!
           I'm Liz.
                                                                                 I am a ROMAN CATHOLIC!

2/01/2017 7:07 pm  #59

Yes, of course!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

2/01/2017 7:18 pm  #60

And So the Editing Begins
Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Last night, I began editing chapter 1. It went pretty smoothly! My editing process goes like this:

1. Go through and fix obvious typos, off-sounding sentences, and unnecessary little things. Make notes of places, where things happen, and dates.  

2. Get the right dates, places, names, mottos, etc. and all in order. If there are little historically inaccurate things, do a little research and fix them.  

3. Final thorough sweep-through - adding adjectives and fixing things to your perfect liking. DESCRIPTION... :D 

Enlist final beta readers, including family members.  

Repeat or just do one final thorough sweep through. 

So chapter 1 has completed the first stage of editing. I made notes of each thing I did:

"January 31, 2017, 11:45 PM... I am about to begin editing the first draft of my novel! So excited. Chapter 1, here I come! 

First word I edited: "for" to "after" 

February 1st, 2:22 AM... after an incredible amount of distractions and breaks, the last thing I did was add a comma to a word. Chapter 1 has officially underwent the first round of the editing process.  

February 1st, 2:24 AM... listening to Overwhelmed and starting to edit chapter 2!"

And that's when I stopped. I couldn't edit a single thing. Wanna know why? This is what I wrote at 2:30 AM.

"2:30 AM - EWW THIS IS SO GAHH... I AM HATING CHAPTER 2 RIGHT NOW! This is so horrible! EEEEWWWW!!! AAAGGGHHH!!! Disgusting gross nasty! Not in a gross way, just... my writing... I could seriously cringe right now.  

2:32 AM - I can't stand this anymore! This is HORRIBLE!!! I might just COMPLETELY rewrite chapter 2! I can't stand this! I quit. No more editing tonight. I'm about to make myself barf. I could NOT write when I first started out. Oh my GOSH... this is intensely painful to read. Excuse me while I go puke in the bathroom for four hours. Or chunk my writing out the window. GAH. Chapter 2 needs a COMPLETE rewrite. I've never written anything so corny in my entire life!  

OH LORD, YOU'VE GOT TO HELP ME. I just gave chapter 2 another shot. One word: NOPE. I think I'm about to groan or screech in torture. This is seriously terrible. I don't know how my beta readers stood this. They should win an Olympic gold medal for that. You know something is SERIOUSLY horrible when a narcissist who is in love with (most of) her novel can't even bear to read it. GAAAHHH!!! EWWW!!! This is HORRIBLE!!! Oh my LANDS!!! God you've got to help me... the proceeds are going to world missions, after all... LORD JESUS, THIS NEEDS SOME HELP. SERIOUSLY, LORD. HELP. *upchucks in disgust* EWWW!!! This is awful! *cries helplessly while crumpling to the floor in a heap of despair*  

I'm going to go see what my beta readers suggested for this chapter. How they ever stood it, I shall NEVER know.  

Aww... both commenters said it was amazing... and the other two who didn't comment told me they couldn't find anything that needed to be fixed... that makes me feel loads better. *sighs in relief* Maybe chapter 2 does have a chance.  

... After some serious editing. And revising. And probably a complete do-over. *sobs helplessly again*" 

Yeah. As you can see, I don't have a clue what to do with chapter 2. It's completely terrible. The worst thing I've ever read and the worst thing I've ever written in my entire life. That's saying something.

I don't know what to do. I just tried facing the terrors of chapter 2 again, but I can't bring myself to read past paragraph 22 (my paragraphs are very small). I don't know what to do... THIS IS REALLY BAD. 

I want to ask my dad, but he's fasting and is feeling pretty rough, so I can't exactly march in there and disturb his nap at 8:14 PM at night. XD

I should probably ask my writing inspirations, which is both a good and bad idea. (I'm asking you guys, too, so if you know what I should do or have any suggestions, please tell me... XD) Arrrg... I can't make myself read chapter 2! It's so corny and embarrassing! What am I going to do with it?!

That's all for this update... if you read it all... you're amazing. XD

// MY WEBSITES
Madison Grace // writing

--Madi

Board footera