Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2017 3:46 pm  #1

I DESPERATELY NEED OPINIONS, PLEASE

She appears in a blink.
No one notices- no one ever does. That’s how it’s always been; that’s how it will always be. The Accidental tends to slip past the notice of most members of humanity- that’s how it’s always been. That’s how it always should be.
It’s a rainy evening in New York, dark and gloomy. The Accidental stands, somewhat damp, holding a piece of paper. She’s dressed all in black, with the exception of shiny gold nail polish. People find themselves walking around her, subconsciously giving her a wide berth. She smiles. That’s how it’s always been. That’s how it always should be.
She pushes her long black bangs out of her eyes, scrutinizing the paper in her hand. It’s a list.

Ramiro Schuetze
Carna Norman
Thomas Rossi
Quigley Barak
Raoul Romanowski
Nila Ferryman
Oceanus Smolin
Seana Sandman
Kirkland Bordes
Brigette Manser

Names. Meaningless names. She furrows her brow for a bit, considering. Then she folds the paper neatly, and slides it into the back pocket of her skinny jeans. It’s time for another hotel. Then I can figure out why I’m here this time.
Briskly, she sets off down the street; she’s not entirely sure where she’s going, but she knows she’ll end up at a hotel. She always has, and she always will. She’ll have enough money for wherever she ends up, too- The Accidental never has to worry about something as trivial as money.
Violette Smith, that’s her real name, although she can’t remember who gave it to her- or when, for that matter. She’s used this name throughout the ages, though, and nothing has ever come up. She has no memories pre-Boston tea party, to be perfectly honest. That’s how it’s always been, and as much as it pains her to think, that’s probably how it always will be.
Violette Smith is the Accidental, and the Accidental is Violette Smith. The history books don’t remember her- they never remember the important things, though. She is a secret, whispered of among military leaders, feared, held in awe… or she was. Now she is nothing more than a myth, a legend. That’s going to change, though. That’s going to change very soon.
She stops in front of a hotel- not too nice, but not shabby either. It’s one of those places that just kind of fades into the background. Perfect. 
The Accidental will not be noticed; the Accidental will not be traced. That’s how it’s always been, of course… and that’s how it always will be.

She walks in, all confidence. “I need a suite- and no, I don’t know how long I’ll be staying. Charge it to Violette Smith.”
She’s confident because she’s done this before- many, many times. Countless times.
The man at the desk nods, not questioning it at all. That’s how it goes.

“Room 31, upstairs and to the left.” Violette nods her silent thanks, taking her room key. Turning on her heel, she makes her way to the elevator. No one notices the girl in combat boots, the girl with the golden nails; no one ever notices the Accidental, unless her story requires it.

Okay, you read the snippet. what genre do you think it is?

Once, there were children with stars in their veins.
 I'm Daisy, an INTP, ADHD writer with caffiene and a dream.
I believe it is my duty to honor God through fantasy, and I will bombard you with information about faeries until you want to kill me. Ask me about my fandoms.
WIP quote: "Great, no one killed me in my sleep!"
Currently reading: Crowns of Croswald
Currently listening: LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU UST MADE ME DO

If you need a reccomendation for clean fantasy/sci-fi books and movies, just ask me!

|Marvel| |DC| |Star Wars| |Star Trek| |Narnia| |LotR| |KotLC| |LEGO| |HGTG|  |Hunger Games| |Disney|

Iron man = awesome, Batman = awesome, Loki = awesome, Zaphod = awesome, Haymitch x Effie = awesome, K2SO = awesome, C3P0 = awesome, Spock = awesome, Eustace = awesome, Keefe = awesome, Biana = awesome, Bilbo = awesome, Pippen = awesome, Princess Leia = awesome, Batgirl = awesome, Tamatoa = awesome

<happydayswithanonymousa.blogspot.com> <https://www.instagram.com/dragoncologist> Twitter: @Dragoncologist

http://68.media.tumblr.com/45ecf08bb5faa2aada043d60d95ee799/tumblr_oiadbvdaVh1u8a9qvo1_500.gif

9/03/2017 5:56 pm  #2

Re: I DESPERATELY NEED OPINIONS, PLEASE

It sounds like a time-travelling story to me. I REALLY like this a lot, though! 

https://www.nba.com/sixers/sites/sixers/files/gr-1_1.gif
Lydia // Sinner saved by Grace // No longer homeschooled // 14 // ESFJ // Extrovert // Reader // Writer // Geek // Sports enthusiast // Philadelphia sports fanatic 
FAVORITE MUSIC: Relient K, Owl City, Kings Kaleidoscope, NEEDTOBREATHE, Echosmith, Lights
FAVORITE BOOKS: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, The Trixie Belden series, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Christy Miller series
FAVORITE MOVIES:  The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Jane Eyre 2006,  Pride and Prejudice 1995, The Princess Bride 
FAVORITE SHOWS:  Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Death in Paradise, Father Brown, 

9/03/2017 6:02 pm  #3

LydiaMcCoy wrote:

Thank you so much!!

Once, there were children with stars in their veins.
 I'm Daisy, an INTP, ADHD writer with caffiene and a dream.
I believe it is my duty to honor God through fantasy, and I will bombard you with information about faeries until you want to kill me. Ask me about my fandoms.
WIP quote: "Great, no one killed me in my sleep!"
Currently reading: Crowns of Croswald
Currently listening: LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU UST MADE ME DO

If you need a reccomendation for clean fantasy/sci-fi books and movies, just ask me!

|Marvel| |DC| |Star Wars| |Star Trek| |Narnia| |LotR| |KotLC| |LEGO| |HGTG|  |Hunger Games| |Disney|

Iron man = awesome, Batman = awesome, Loki = awesome, Zaphod = awesome, Haymitch x Effie = awesome, K2SO = awesome, C3P0 = awesome, Spock = awesome, Eustace = awesome, Keefe = awesome, Biana = awesome, Bilbo = awesome, Pippen = awesome, Princess Leia = awesome, Batgirl = awesome, Tamatoa = awesome

<happydayswithanonymousa.blogspot.com> <https://www.instagram.com/dragoncologist> Twitter: @Dragoncologist

http://68.media.tumblr.com/45ecf08bb5faa2aada043d60d95ee799/tumblr_oiadbvdaVh1u8a9qvo1_500.gif

9/03/2017 9:39 pm  #4

LydiaMcCoy wrote:

I must agree with Lydia! It does sound really good though!

Liz - Roman Catholic - Cowgirl - Future State Trooper - Bookworm - Hopeful Future Author -  Country Music Fan - Movie and TV Show Junkie - Homeschooler - Etsy Shop Owner - ISTP

Board footera