Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2017 9:47 pm  #1

I Need Some Writing Advice! AKA: SOS HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME

Hey guys!

Sooo... HELP.

Ahem. Lemme explain.

This month I was going to rewrite Loyalty book 1 and Loyalty book 2, then spend September-October plotting for book 3, and finally write book 3 in November.

Tonight, I decided that wasn't enough time, would stress me out way too much, and it would ultimately be better for my books if I took more time and re-plotted book 2 in September-October instead, then rewrite it in November.

But then I got to thinking. I'm doing a quick rewrite of book 1 now, planning to go back for another revision in which I completely replot it. Should I not mess with book 2 at all this year (even though I wanted to be doing book 3 this year... XD) and just replot book 1 during September-October instead? And then rewrite it in November?

Would it be better to rewrite the books in order like that? Or since I'm tired and frustrated at book 1, go ahead and write book 2 this November?

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. I NEED ADVICE BADLY. HEEEELLLPPPP!

http://madisongraceauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Madi.png

Madi | 14yo professional blogger | doll collector | writer | YouTuber | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: I'm so in love with Warfare. Macro edit, here I come!

// CURRENT ANTHEM: ♪ kicking down doors like I'm massive / oh my this is getting kind of messy / nobody out here gonna work as hard as me / praying everyday 'cause there ain't no guarantees ♪ This is the Intro by Spencer Kane

NOVEL PROGRESS: About to start on the macro edit for Warfare!

// DAILY EPIC QUOTE: "Tell him that if he thinks he can stop [my destiny], I'll accept him into my heart as my Lord and Saviour because I've finally found someone more powerful than God." –Jonathan Shuttlesworth

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie
 • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls // professional doll collecting
Delightful World of Dolls YouTube Channel // AGSMs
Madi Grace // personal + ministry
Madison Grace (Author) // writing

Prayer? Advice? Encouragement? Wanna chat? EMAIL ME at madigrace [at] powerofGOD [dot] com or leave a comment at any of my blogs! I'm more active on DWOD, MG, and my new author blog than here right now, so if you want to keep in touch, I'm right there on those places. I'm not leaving here, though -- parents just restricting my hobby time. <3

--Madi

8/09/2017 7:02 am  #2

Re: I Need Some Writing Advice! AKA: SOS HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME

I'll totally help you when I have my new glasses in a week and can actually see enough to read that. 😂

No it sure if this will help even the slightest bit, but it's worth a shot.

You're writing big books, right? Working on that many books can be tough, and that's a lot of revising. I know you want to rush (So do I...gimme 20,000 more words and I can finish and start my next novel) but it might be best if you wait to rewrite the second one. I suggest finishing book one before you start book two. Honestly, a new idea might even pop into your head. I think it's worth waiting, but follow your gut like the devil butt kicker you are. ;)

-Hallie-Português Ninja-MWC Novel Writer. @Ellieannah
introverted teenager-waffle lover-resident ghost of AGH
former roadschooler, current homeschooler

8/09/2017 2:18 pm  #3

Thank you so much Hallie! I think I am gonna just focus on book 1 this year. Thank you so much!! 😊😊🤗🤗😄😄😃

http://madisongraceauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Madi.png

Madi | 14yo professional blogger | doll collector | writer | YouTuber | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: I'm so in love with Warfare. Macro edit, here I come!

// CURRENT ANTHEM: ♪ kicking down doors like I'm massive / oh my this is getting kind of messy / nobody out here gonna work as hard as me / praying everyday 'cause there ain't no guarantees ♪ This is the Intro by Spencer Kane

NOVEL PROGRESS: About to start on the macro edit for Warfare!

// DAILY EPIC QUOTE: "Tell him that if he thinks he can stop [my destiny], I'll accept him into my heart as my Lord and Saviour because I've finally found someone more powerful than God." –Jonathan Shuttlesworth

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie
 • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls // professional doll collecting
Delightful World of Dolls YouTube Channel // AGSMs
Madi Grace // personal + ministry
Madison Grace (Author) // writing

Prayer? Advice? Encouragement? Wanna chat? EMAIL ME at madigrace [at] powerofGOD [dot] com or leave a comment at any of my blogs! I'm more active on DWOD, MG, and my new author blog than here right now, so if you want to keep in touch, I'm right there on those places. I'm not leaving here, though -- parents just restricting my hobby time. <3

--Madi

8/09/2017 9:15 pm  #4

Happy to help, my friend :D

-Hallie-Português Ninja-MWC Novel Writer. @Ellieannah
introverted teenager-waffle lover-resident ghost of AGH
former roadschooler, current homeschooler

Board footera