Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2017 9:29 am  #1

Ignore This

A bar fight. Just great. This is going to attract so much attention.
     It is worse than I've ever imagined.
     Emerging from the shadows is Kokyu Shi.
     Jikan and I exchange glances. In a flash, the horrible massacre of my team when we tried to turn him in raced through my mind in a terrible memory. Kokyu Shi excels at murdering. Why on earth he would back Hamegido up, we don't know. All we know is that we have a nightmare happening before our eyes.
     One of Hamegido's bodyguards closest to Kedo fires the first pistol. We all duck in horror and in what seemed like slow motion as the bullet flies past our faces.
     One bullet only kickstarts the rest of them. Kedo gives the command to shoot back, and that begins brutal bloodshed.
     Bullets fly and bodies drop to the floor. The sharp metallic smell of blood joins the saké scent as the gunfight worsens. I crouch behind a wall, holding my gun in my shaking hand. I don't want to be the leader of another mission that only serves to lose lives.
     I whip around and shoot again, retreating to my hiding spot immediately following the shot. I want to look again but I'm too paralyzed with fear to turn around and look at the bloody slaughter on the floor. How many of my own teammates are laying there lifeless?
      The presence of Kokyu Shi was unexpected, but we should have been able to handle this. What went wrong?
      I extend my hand to shoot beyond my cover again, but a bullet grazes past the skin on my leg and I have to bite my tongue to keep from screaming. Everything in me wants to run, but nothing in me wants to leave my team.
      It's then that Jikan slides next to me, barely missing the gunfire showering around us. He turns to look at me, sporting a bullet-graze gash on his cheek. "We're the only ones left," he gasps. Then he turns to shoot again.
     When he turns back to face me as we're crouching behind a wall, I ask in terror, "We run?"
     Jikan closes his eyes, deep in the midst of making a hard decision. "If we run, we could get shot."
     I lower my head as Jikan fires another shot back at the bodyguards and murderer. "If we stay, we get shot, too," I murmur.
     Jikan grabs my other hand in his. For a moment, everything moves in slow motion around us as we meet each orher's gaze. "Do you trust me?"
     I don't say a word as I nod breathlessly. Whatever Jikan is about to lead us into, I know he's going to lead us out.
     Like the time we first met and Jikan led me through the burning flames and branches, he squeezes my hand and pulls me to my feet again. We both duck as we make a dash for the door, bullets flying behind us and showering around our feet.
     Even when we're "safely" out the door, the bullets don't stop. They shoot through the wooden walls of the bar and pitter-patter like death-doom raindrops on the dirt street we flee down hand-in-hand.
     We continue sprinting through the small town even when we don't hear footsteps pursuing after us. Jikan and I then break through the outskiritng branches of the forest and finally slow before coming to a stop deep in the forest.
      Neither of us say a word as we gasp for air, panting intensely after the driving physical exertion. There were no words to express what each of us felt. Once again, we were the only two hunters to survive another massacre mission. And we've lost the entirety of the rest of our team.
     Jikan and I turn to each other at the same time. "Are you shot?" He asks with another gasp of air.
     "Bullet-grazed," I force out of my desperate lungs. I look down at my foot, a growing pool of blood growing around it from the scarlet torrents oozing down my leg.
     I look back at Jikan. "Your cheek," I mutter

I pull away, blinking my wet eyes in embarrassment. I can't believe I just cried and told Jikan I loved him. What was I thinking? Love is too dangerous when you're a warrior.
Jikan grabs my hand. "What happened to Ranbona?"
"His dead body is back at the inn I'm staying at -- but you were the one who killed him," I say. "You should be the one to turn him in."
Jikan doesn't say anything for a moment. Then he says, "I'm not going to be able to travel for while. His corpse is going to stink. You should be the one to turn him in."
"But I didn't kill him."
"But it was your gun I shot."
"The gun was in your hands."
"Because you gave it to me."
"Because I couldn't shoot with my left hand and my right one was broken."
"So you should turn him in."
"But you were the one who killed him," I argue. "You turn him in."
"I can't," Jikan denies. "I'm not even a hunter. You really should be the one to turn him in."
Hinoki can't take anymore. "This is tiring. Can I flip a coin?"
I laugh. "Okay."
Hinoki pulls a single coin out of his pocket and tosses it in the air. "Heads or tails?" He asks.
"Tails," I say.
"Heads," Jikan answers.
"Tails," Hinoki confirms. "Hora takes the body."
Jikan turns to me and grins. Normally, I would get annoyed, but I'm just so happy at the fact that he is grinning that I grin, too. "Alright."
Jikan then frowns. "Guess I didn't save you out of a near-death situation after all," he sighs.
"You did," I assure him. "Probably twice during the whole thing."

But it's hard to keep your head up when everything in you wants to keep it down. What gives me the strength to keep my head up? And how am I going to keep it up until summer? I honestly don't know how I'm going to make it that long without my sister. I miss her every day. Does she really miss me, too, like Josefina said? 

"Josefina," I ask as I finish off the last of my scrambled eggs. "How do I keep my head up when I feel so low?" 

Josefina smiles. "God gives you the strength." Right! I'm still trying to get use to the right way of doing things. As Josefina and I clear our dishes, I say my own little prayer, just in my head. Lord, give me the strength to keep my head up. It's then that I hear the doorbell ring. "Would you get that, Taryn?" Josefina requests. "I'm in the middle of doing these dishes." "Sure," I nod, walking out of the kitchen and toward the door.  TO BE CONTINUED... IN HEADS UP - PART TWO! Heads Up - Part Two I slump in the hallway of the AG Doll Orphanage, lowering my gaze to the floor and feeling my heart sink all the way to my stomach. I never let myself cry, but a sob comes up and chokes in my throat anyway. I stare at the paper in my hand, handed to me by Mrs. Bailey herself, the matron of the AGDO. I'm being adopted -- but not by the same people who adopted Taryn like I had hoped. A surge of anger blazes inside me as I harden my gaze and crumple the paper in my hand. I force myself to take a deep breath -- I'm not going to cry. I stand up straight, hold my head up high, and square my shoulders as I swallow the lump in my throat and storm down the hall. This is unacceptable, and I'm about to walk right up to Mrs. Bailey's face and tell her so. I march up to her office and clench my fist to pound angrily on the door and am surprised when it swings open before I can knock on it. "Delaney Adair Clark," she utters my full name with a hint of disgust for the hundredth time that day. "Ironic you should show up here -- I made a mistake in giving you that paper." I draw a blank. "You what?" "Do I have to repeat myself? I said I made a mistake. Give it to me." My cheeks flame when I unclench my other first, opening my palm to reveal the crumpled ball in my hand. Mrs. Bailey snorts in more disgust. "On second thought, keep it. We'll print a new one." She then hands me a new paper, and my face instantly brightens. "This is really where you'll be staying."  I almost rip the paper away from her in excitement, my heart fluttering when my eyes read over the address -- hey, wait, what? This is even further from the previous address! This isn't Taryn's home at all! I look up indignantly. "This isn't fair!" I cry. Mrs. Bailey furrows her eyebrows. "I've been at odds for a long time with you, Miss Clark. The sooner you're adopted, the better. Now will you go pack your things? You leave tomorrow morning for Tennessee. And don't give me any more of your sass mouth, either." By the time she slams the door in my face, I can't respond with a smart remark even though I want to. I slump heavily against the wall again, back where I've started; hopelessly staring at the address that is to be my new home; far, far away from Taryn. *I don't know how I'm going to do this. The Uber driver drops me off at the beginning of DWOD Drive, and I walk down the street with my gaze downcast. With every step I am taking, I am getting closer and closer to a whole new family. I have been taking things hard ever since Taryn was adopted, and I haven't seen or heard from her since. And now I was about to leave her behind as a part of my past forever. When I look up, I see another girl walking down the street. We both smile. But when we keep walking toward each other without stopping, our smiles fade as we look at each other in confusion. When we both reach the sidewalk of the house I am supposed to live in, we stop right in front of each other with more looks of confusion. I make a face and then turn to continue on to the door, and I notice the girl follows me. I turn around. "Are you a stalker?" "No, are you?" She returns quickly. "Is this your house?" I ask. "No, but I got adopted by these people, so it's about to be." I grin. "I'm going to be living here, too!" "Oh! Hey, nice to meet you!" I grin again and then resume walking up to the door. The girl and I both knock at the same time. I think it's funny at first. Then, when no one answers, I decide to knock a second time -- but apparently the other girl does, too. I turn to her. "Uh, are you copying me?" She raises an eyebrow. "I was gonna ask the same thing." I narrow my eyes and then raise my hand to knock once more but notice her hand is perfectly synced with mine. "Hey! You are copying me!" "Um, no. You're copying me." I hmph, peeved. After five minutes of awkward silence, no one answers the door. "Well, uh..." The other girl and I both say at exactly the same time. I turn to her again. "Knock it off!" We both say -- at exactly the same time. We both furrow our eyebrows at each other. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She finally asks. "Our minds are in synchronization?" "Um, close. We should bust in!" My face lights up. This girl thinks too much like me. Which is a bad thing... but fun. "Let's do it!" We both back up and look around. I notice a spare rock that happens to be laying in front of me right next to the welcome mat. "See that rock?" I question. "Let's throw it into the window and break in." The girl turns to look at me. "Wait, what? That's a terrible idea." "What do you mean, terrible idea? You're supposed to be my long-lost mind twin or something." "You have enough money to pay for that window?" She jerks her head toward it. "Ah, no. Good point." At this, the door opens. The girl and I both turn to face the person who is standing there, and I all of the sudden feel my eyes widen I stare at her. "Taryn?" I demand in surprise. TO BE CONTINUED... IN HEADS UP - PART THREE! Heads Up - Part Three "Delaney?!" Taryn's mouth hangs open in disbelief. Then she throws her arms around me, and I hug her back. I can't believe my own eyes as we pull away. "Are you okay?" I demand instantly. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She grins. "What are you doing here?" I demand again. "This is where I live," Taryn explains. "I was adopted to live here." "This isn't New York?" My jaw drops in shock. "No, far from it!" Taryn laughs. "Did they drop you off at the wrong addre--" I clap my hand over her mouth. "Nobody is going to know that," I hiss with a grin. Taryn's mouth is hanging open when I remove my hand. Then she smiles and throws her arms around me once more. "I can't believe you're here!" She cries, her voice on the edge of happy tears. "Madison was going to have to wait until summer to adopt you -- I missed you so much!" I squeeze her once more and then draw another blank. "Who's Madison?" I inquire. It's then that Taryn notices the girl standing behind me. The minute they lock eyes, the girl ways. "I'm Katy Christine!" She pipes up. "K.C. for short, if you want. I'm going to be living here, too." "Oh, yeah," I turn to Katy Christine. "I forgot about you. This is my sister, Taryn." "Hi!" K.C. waves with a bright smile. "Come on in, guys!" Taryn motions for us all to step indoors. So they step in and walk down the hall. WRITE DA REST LATAH. Photograph the PPP first maybe though? The Goodbye Post Production Party A big party, but where? Dress K.C. up for it. Take new DWOD pic here. Have white sheet in background. AWESOME LIGHTS. So just going up to them and interviewing them all. Photo of you first, maybe? If you can find one. Write it latahhhh. :D Get dolls all ready now! :D                    

Heads Up - Part One

It's with a groan that I answer my alarm clock. Usually, I love getting up early and getting a productive head start on my day. But I just came back from the hospital a week ago, and I still get colossal headaches from when I fell out of a tree and was knocked unconscious. My alarm is on my phone on my dresser so it forces me to climb out of bed to turn it off, but I miserably moan again as I decide to ignore it.

It's Josefina's sweet, concerned voice that makes me turn my head from being buried in my pillow. "Are you okay?" She asks softly.

I sit up -- slowly. I nod my head, even though I am feeling the opposite of okay.

"You set your alarm early again, didn't you?" She smiles at me. "Mama told you not to do that this week."

"But -- I still have school to catch up on. I don't want to be lazy."

"You're not being lazy," Josefina reassures. "Taryn, you are one of the most hard-working people I know. You're so proactive and productive!" Then she adds sweetly, "You are going to make a great business owner some day."

"Not if I don't graduate," I mumble, forcing myself to climb down the ladder although my head begins to scream at me.

When my feet hit the floor, Josefina wraps her arm around mine. I'm not much of a hugger, but it really makes my day. "Have you tried praying about your headache?"

That's right. I became a Christian just last week, when I regained consciousness. After the most life-changing experience I have ever had, I accepted Jesus into my heart and am just a baby Christian. I'm still getting used to my new life of repping the Most High.

"I haven't," I admit quietly. 

Josefina smiles. "Can I pray for you?"

I nod my head enthusiastically, which just proceeds to make it hurt even worse. However, I am utterly surprised when Josefina grabs my hand and prays a determined, authoritative prayer that seems quite strong for quiet Josefina.

When she finishes, I don't notice any immediate change and frown. "It didn't work."

"Keep your head up!" She encourages. "And have faith that your head will feel better despite what it feels like right now."

"Um, okay." It's all so new to me.

When Josefina leads me into the kitchen, I notice Chloe and Ellie are already there. They are usually the second ones to wake up after Josefina and I, and we both are startled and jump of surprise.

"What are you guys doing up this early?" Josefina questions quietly. "Weren't you up at night pretending to be ninjas?"

"Ninja," Ellie corrects her plural form usage by wagging her finger. "And we are ninja, thank you very much."

"I though you guys were just spies."

"Shh!" Chloe hisses sharply. "Spies are our cover. We're undercover ninja with the cover of international super spies."

"Ah," Josefina nods to humor them. "And the reason you're telling me this is..."

Ellie smiles and puts her hand on Josefina's shoulder. "Because, dear Josie, we trust you. You would never blow our cover to the Evil Ones, would you?"

"Evil Ones?"

"Shh!" Chloe hisses sharply again. "We mustn't speak of them!"

"Err... no... I would never."

I can't contain it anymore and bust out laughing. I don't know what the taco goes on in their imagination, but I like it.

This results in flaming glares at me from both Ellie and Chloe, which makes me laugh harder until they huff and turn back to the refrigerator.

"What are you guys doing up?" Josefina asks again as she reaches for a pan and turns on the stove.

Ellie shoves what she was about to pull out back in the fridge. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing."

Josefina looks away from her pain and stares at them blankly. I seize the liberty of taking the words right out of her mouth; "That was the worst lie I have ever heard in my entire life."

Ellie's mouth drops open and hangs like that in horrified offense. Chloe pats her shoulder comfortingly. "Don't worry, Ellie. Taryn just doesn't appreciate sarcasm like you do."

"Yeah! Sarcasm!" Ellie's face lights up with a smirk. "I was being sarcastic."

Sure. I smile at them and then turn to the eggs Josefina has made for us. "Thanks!" I say. I love her scrambled eggs.

When Chloe and Ellie scamper away from the already crowded kitchen, Josefina and I sit down with our scrambled eggs. After just one bite, I notice how especially delicious they are today. "Wow, these taste just like the eggs my older sister --" the words are out before I know it and I catch myself in the middle of the sentence.

Josefina reached over and grabs my hand sweetly. "It's just until summer. Two more months, right? Then you can go with Mama to get her."

"But summer is so far away!" I cry, much too loudly for seven in the morning. Embarassed, I lowed my voice. "I really miss her."

"Tell me about her, Taryn," Josefina urges.

*dreamy picture of #62 -- BEAUTIFUL.*

"She's such an awesome older sister. She can be protective at times, but that's just because she herself is reckless and she doesn't want me following in her footsteps."

Josefina laughs, and I laugh, too. Continuing, I add, "She's really competitive, but a lot of fun. And... she loves me a lot." My voice drops to a mutter. "We were really close."

Josefina smiles sincerely. "I bet she misses you every single day."

"I don't know," Taryn mumbles. "She can hide her emotions very well."

Josefina nods knowingly. "She misses you, I promise. And you'll see her soon. Just keep your head up until then."

I smile back at her. Josefina is a really good friend. "Thanks."

PSALM 27:66 Then I will hold my head high
    above my enemies who surround me.

DELANEY GETS ADOPTED -- BUT BY THE WRONG PEOPLE. THEN THEY SEND HER BACK!!!

Heads Up - Part Two

I don't know how I'm going to do this. The Uber driver drops me off at the beginning of DWOD Drive, and I walk down the street with my gaze downcast. With every step I am taking, I am getting closer and closer to a whole new family. I have been taking things hard ever since Taryn was adopted, and I haven't seen or heard from her since. And now I was about to leave her behind as a part of my past forever.

When I look up, I see another girl walking down the street. We both smile. But when we keep walking toward each other without stopping, our smiles fade as we look at each other in confusion. When we both reach the sidewalk of the house I am supposed to live in, we stop right in front of each other with more looks of confusion. I make a face and then turn to continue on to the door, and I notice the girl follows me. I turn around. "Are you a stalker?" 

"No, are you?" She returns quickly. 

"Is this your house?" I ask. 

"No, but I got adopted by these people, so it's about to be." 

I grin. "I'm going to be living here, too!"

"Oh! Hey, nice to meet you!" 

I grin again and then resume walking up to the door. The girl and I both knock at the same time. I think it's funny at first. Then, when no one answers, I decide to knock a second time -- but apparently the other girl does, too. I turn to her. "Uh, are you copying me?" She raises an eyebrow. "I was gonna ask the same thing." I narrow my eyes and then raise my hand to knock once more but notice her hand is perfectly synced with mine. "Hey! You are copying me!" 

"Um, no. You're copying me." 

I hmph, peeved. After five minutes of awkward silence, no one answers the door. 

"Well, uh..." The other girl and I both say at exactly the same time. I turn to her again. "Knock it off!" We both say -- at exactly the same time. We both furrow our eyebrows at each other. 

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She finally asks. 

"Our minds are in synchronization?" 

"Um, close. We should bust in!" 

My face lights up. This girl thinks too much like me. Which is a bad thing... but fun. "Let's do it!"

We both back up and look around. I notice a spare rock that happens to be laying in front of me right next to the welcome mat. "See that rock?" I question. "Let's throw it into the window and break in."

The girl turns to look at me. "Wait, what? That's a terrible idea."

"What do you mean, terrible idea? You're supposed to be my long-lost mind twin or something."

"You have enough money to pay for that window?" She jerks her head toward it.

"Ah, no. Good point."

At this, the door opens. The girl and I both turn to face the person who is standing there, and I all of the sudden feel my eyes widen I stare at her.

"Taryn?" I demand in surprise.

Taryn

Part 2

Part 3

PPP!

http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Madi-AGH.png

Madi | 15 | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: Taking a long break from all blogging and writing while on my summer trip.

// CURRENT ANTHEM:  I have found a Joy / that jumps over sadness / You are all I want / You are all I need / everything my heart could hope for ♪ (I Have Found by Kim Walker)

// WARFARE PROGRESS: Paused

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls | Life Undefeated | Madison Grace

http://madisongraceauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AGH-Madi-2.png

4/21/2017 9:30 am  #2

Re: Ignore This

No ignoring 4 moi!

4/21/2017 9:36 am  #3

Re: Ignore This

XD

http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Madi-AGH.png

Madi | 15 | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: Taking a long break from all blogging and writing while on my summer trip.

// CURRENT ANTHEM:  I have found a Joy / that jumps over sadness / You are all I want / You are all I need / everything my heart could hope for ♪ (I Have Found by Kim Walker)

// WARFARE PROGRESS: Paused

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls | Life Undefeated | Madison Grace

http://madisongraceauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AGH-Madi-2.png

Board footera