Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2017 1:53 am  #1

Hora: Everything I Never Said

http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Hora-Everything-I-Never-Said-2.jpg

He works for Maruko, I am a new recruit for Keisuke. He ows money. Keisuke wants it. My mission? To bring him in or take him out.
      We meet not knowing who the other is; he is atop his horse leading his warriors, I am atop my own leading mine. Both of us are curious as to who the other is, but the horrendous thunder and lightning storm worsens as both of our teams stop in front of the other on the now muddy path. A streak of lightning splits the sky and strikes a tree in the distance and as the torrential downpour continues to drench everything below, it crashes to the forest floor with reverberating vibrations.
      I am about to open my mouth and start conversing when lightning again strikes a tree much closer to us. Thunder claps ahead with such a ear-splitting crack that causes our horses to rear as the tree struck beside bursts into flames and comes crashing down.
      I'm thrown off my horse and collide into the muddy path, as is nearly the entirety of both of our teams. I open my mouth and cry out in pain as my shin cracks and pain courses up my leg, but that is the least of my worries. Lightning flashes again, and the tree right in front of me begins to fall.
     In terror, I hold my arm up as if that's actually going to stop the falling tree from crushing my bones and all of the sudden feel strong arms grab mine and pull me out of the way just in time. I look up with a gasp, half-relieved, half-embarassed to be looking up at the face of the man who just saved my life.
     "We need to get out of here," he gasps as the thunder refuses to stop shaking the earth.I throw a hurried glance to both sides of the two fallen trees -- both my team and his have been crushed by their unforgiving trunks. 
     "Come on," the man shouts over the roar of the torrential downpour, grabbing my arm and helping me to my feet. I wince when I put pressure on my broken leg, and that's when the man wraps my arm around his shoulder -- despite his own broken ankles. We stumble to the nearby cave and collapse on the floor together, me with a gasp and the man with miserable groans.
     The man looks over at me, his face white with pain. I continue to pant, unsure of what to say.
     "Who are you?" He finally asks me as flashed of lightning split the sky once more. We both wince as yet another tree crashed to the ground in the distance.
     "Bounty hunter," I gasp between sharp intakes of breath as the pain in my shin intensifies.
     The man raises his eyebrows. "I've got one after me as we speak -- I owe people so much money," he half-laughs.
     I smile despite the blazing agony I feel. "If you don't want hunters after you, you shouldn't go into debt."
     The man grins. "My boss doesn't know half the places I get money to pay for the expeditions he sends me on."
     At this, I laugh. He continues, "He's always saying, 'Shoto, you are a mysteriously rich man for your age.'"
     My smile fades quickly. "Wait -- you're Jikan Shoto?"
     The man, now obviously Jikan, nods in confusion.
     I moan. "I'm Hora Sakenomi."
     Jikan's eyes widen. "Oh. You're the bounty hunter after me. And you also happen to be the bounty hunter I'm trying to kill."
     I laugh nervously.
     Jikan laughs nervously, too. "I'd say nice to meet you, but..."
     An awkward silence falls upon us until thunder claps again overhead, signaled by another blinding lightning strike. We both look at the other, each of us wondering what the other one is going to do. That's when we realize we are both as wary of each other as the other is of us.
     Despite the excruciation I feel in my shin, I stand up with a start. Jikan stands up immediately afterwards, and we each grasp the wall on our side of the cave. We stand looking at each other for several fearful moments, until I finally shake my head. "I -- I can't turn you in," I state breathlessly.
     "And I can't kill you," Jikan returns without hesitation.
     When lightning splinters through the dark night again, Jikan and I both snap our heads to the tree that crashes right outside the cave opening. When it erupts into flames, Jikan and I both break out into nervous laughter again.
     "That's really, really not good," Jikan states anxiously.
     "The rain has stopped," I gasp in horror as the flames refuse to be refuted.
     Jikan shakes his head, gritting his teeth as he stares at the branches that crackle and break as the fire consumes them. He faces me again, grabbing my arm. "Do you trust me?" He asks quickly.
     I search his dark eyes, hesitant. This man had literally been hired to track me down and kill me. Trusting him was insane. "What?" I ask as thick smoke invades our air inside the cave, hoping he will repeat the question.
     "Do you trust me?" Jikan asked again.I was going to die either way.
     "Yes?" I answer unsurely, unknowing as to what on earth will happen next.
     Jikan tightens his grip on my arm and then ducks under the opening of the cave, leading me through the branches, fire, and smoke.
     Smoke stings my eyes until they fill with unshed tears, and agony acutely shoots up my entire leg. I grit my teeth and squeeze my eyelids shut in trust as Jikan leads me through the burning branches and blazing embers that scratch and burn our skin.
     When we're through the burning, smoking, tree-branch maze, my leg gives out. I'm unable to support my weight as I begin to collapse to my knees, but Jikan is still holding my arm. He catches me and helps me to my feet as I clench my jaw in pain. We stare at the tree in front of us going up in blazes.
     After a few moments of catching our breath and letting our heart rate return to normal, Jikan turns to me. "That was close."
     "It was," I pant. "Thank you."
     Jikan smiles and nods, then nervously laughs again. "Maybe now you won't turn me into Keisuke?"
     I smile, too. "I'd say 'Maybe now you won't kill me?' but you have no reason not to kill me," I laugh even more nervously.
     Jikan's smile sweetens. "No, I do."
     My mouth hangs open before I force myself to clamp it shut, feeling like I look stupi.d. Jikan finally looked past me at my side of the tree collision. "You still have a horse left," he nods. I turn around, careful not to move too fast for fear the searing pain in my shin might intensify.
     "I don't know what Keisuke is going to say when I return without you or my team," I shake my head as I turn back to him.
     "I don't know what my boss is going to say, either," Jikan says with a nervous smile.
     "Well, uh -- thanks for not killing me," I tell him.
     "Thanks for not turning me in," he grins.
     I turn my head around and call my horse, who is still anxious and frightened. I call him again, and he obediently trots over. Jikan lets go of one arm as I reach it up to grab my horse's reins, and then the other as I swing my leg over with a sharp intake of breath at the stabbing pain in my shin.
     Jikan mounts his horse, and we both meet each other's gaze a final time taking one last look of grieved silence at our fallen warriors on the ground, crushed under the trees. We then part our seperate ways, never dreaming we'd see each other again. 

I wince at Keisuke's fully unleashed string of profanity. Obviously infuriated at me -- a young and naive bounty hunter just recently out of training -- Keisuke can't believe I've let one of his public enemies go.
     "Sir," I interrupt him, daring to be audacious. "My entire team was killed in the storm. I could not have captured him."
     "Sakenomi," he began again as if that was the most riiduclous thing he's ever heard in his entire life. He stops pacing, continuing, "His entire team was killed, too. It would have been easy."
     "No, sir," I argue again. "It was a matched situation."
     Keisuke folds his arms. "Sakenomi, you've got a long ways to go."I don't respond, wondering what he means. I simply

That's all I have. XD

http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Madi-AGH.png

Madi | 15 | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: I'm going to the doctor to get my knee fluid drained, am starting a new AIP (autoimmune protocol), and plan to get back to blogging and writing soon. 

// CURRENT ANTHEM:  now I fight back / I got dreams, I got dreams / enemies, enemies / follow me / oh they gonna hate on me / hit the dust / look at it all come back / yeah, blood on my road / yeah, God save my soul / like ah-ah-ah / pray for me like ah-ah-ah / take the brakes off me! ah-ah-ah ♪ Fashion Joe (feat. KB) by GAWVI

// WARFARE PROGRESS: I think I'm going to have to set Warfare aside for a while. There is no premise or theme, and I'm really worried about it. :/

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls | Life Undefeated | Madison Grace

http://madisongraceauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AGH-Madi-2.png

4/19/2017 1:56 am  #2

Re: Hora: Everything I Never Said

EEEEEEEEEAAEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAEEE

4/19/2017 1:59 am  #3

IIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOHHHHJHHHHHH

4/19/2017 2:04 am  #4

EEEEEEEEE THANKS I THINK 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: I'm going to the doctor to get my knee fluid drained, am starting a new AIP (autoimmune protocol), and plan to get back to blogging and writing soon. 

// CURRENT ANTHEM:  now I fight back / I got dreams, I got dreams / enemies, enemies / follow me / oh they gonna hate on me / hit the dust / look at it all come back / yeah, blood on my road / yeah, God save my soul / like ah-ah-ah / pray for me like ah-ah-ah / take the brakes off me! ah-ah-ah ♪ Fashion Joe (feat. KB) by GAWVI

// WARFARE PROGRESS: I think I'm going to have to set Warfare aside for a while. There is no premise or theme, and I'm really worried about it. :/

Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES

4/19/2017 2:06 am  #5

EIEOIIIIIOOOOOO YW PLASE PULL MN INTO REAVJPY

4/19/2017 2:11 am  #6

I GOT EVERYTHING BUT THE LAST WORD. TYPE IT AGAIN.

// MY WEBSITES

4/19/2017 2:13 am  #7

REKaLITY

4/19/2017 2:19 am  #8

ICE CUBES.

// MY WEBSITES

4/19/2017 2:19 am  #9

ALI ASOt

4/19/2017 2:22 am  #10

O_o

// MY WEBSITES

4/19/2017 2:23 am  #11

4/19/2017 2:26 am  #12

I've seen it all.

// MY WEBSITES

4/19/2017 2:27 am  #13

K DONU IT,

4/19/2017 1:27 pm  #14

Oh my. That was AMAZING!

Liz - Roman Catholic - Cowgirl - Future State Trooper - Bookworm - Hopeful Future Author -  Country Music Fan - Movie and TV Show Junkie - Homeschooler - Etsy Shop Owner - ISTP

4/19/2017 1:30 pm  #15

THANKS! :D I'm still writing it and will continue to post parts.

// MY WEBSITES

4/19/2017 4:50 pm  #16

I wince at Keisuke's fully unleashed string of profanity. Obviously infuriated at me -- a young and naive bounty hunter just recently out of training -- Keisuke can't believe I've let one of his public enemies go.
     "Sir," I interrupt him, daring to be audacious. "My entire team was killed in the storm. I could not have captured him."
      "Sakenomi," he began again as if that was the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard in his entire life. He stops pacing, continuing, "His entire team was killed, too. It would have been easy."
     "No, sir," I argue again. "It was a matched situation."
     Keisuke folds his arms. "Sakenomi, you've got a long ways to go."
     I don't respond, wondering what he means. When he dismisses me and I leave after a small bow of honor, I leave his office frustrated. What could I have done differently, anyway? We were each the other's mission. I couldn't have dragged Jikan all the way to Keisuke without a team helping me. But he, on the other hand, could have very well taken the chance to kill me at any moment -- so why didn't he?
     When I reach the end of the hall I'm walking down, I notice Name walking into the foyer of Keisuke's underground headquarters with an unfamiliar young man. I pass him on my way to leave and then stop in my tracks.
     I turn around in confusion. Was that a samurai? I obtain a better look as I watch him turn to walk down the hall with Name -- he isn't fully clad in armor but is still wearing slender silver shoulder guards as if he just came back from a mission. I fight the urge to snort -- what is an honorable samurai doing here? Their fancy armor, high code of honor, and tendency to turn many out-of-line bounty hunters in give them a bad rap around us. Simply put, we think they are brats. I look at my own slender metal shoulder guards and allow myself to snort.
     But right as I place my hand on the door handle leading way to the hidden stone stairs that ascend to the outdoors, I hear Name's hurried voice. "Hora!" She calls to me.
     I turn around. "Oh, glad you haven't left yet -- Keisuke needs you again," Name explains.
     I'm curious as to why he wants to speak with me again if he just dismissed me, but I quickly follow Name's brisk steps back to Keisuke's office.
     My curiosity intensifies when I see the young samurai warrior standing in the office as well -- Keisuke must want to see both of us. Keisuke looks at me and says, "Sakenomi, this is Hinoki Ajinomoto. Ajinomoto, this is Hora Sakenomi."
     Hinoki and I both slightly bow to each other and face Keisuke again, who jumps right into what he wants. "I need you both to work together on the Meiwakuna scandal --"
     At this, I can't believe my ears. "Work together?" I repeat, interrupting him.
     I still don't understand why Keisuke is so patient with me. He folds his arms. "Sakenomi, I find your tendency to interrupt your elders extremely frustrating."
     "I apologize, sir, but samurai?" I utter the word with disgust.
     Keisuke raises an eyebrow. "Problem?"
     "Very much so," I return persistently. "Samurai and hunters don't work together."
     "Well, they will for this mission."I can feel Hinoki is trying not to laugh at me, but for the sake of Keisuke -- or me, I don't know -- he restrains his urge to titter.
     "With all due disrespect to Ajinomoto, sir, I am not working side by side with that man."
     "Oh, you won't," Keisuke reassures. "He's in charge."
     The blood drains from my face as my mouth hangs open. I hear a muffled snicker from Hinoki who then forces himself to swallow it. I exhale in disgust once more, my cheeks burning.
     Once Keisuke finishes giving us the details of the Meiwakuna scandal, he then asks if I'm going to be capable of handling this mission due to my reluctance of working with Ajinomoto. My cheeks blaze scarlet again at Keisuke's remark, obviously intending to abash me. I lower my gaze slightly, ignoring his snide comment.
     When Hinoki and I are dismissed, Name leads us both out of the door and then turns to us. "You might want to leave immediately," she informs us, "if you are to get ahead start on the first phase."
     "Alright," I say quickly before Hinoki as the leader can give his consent. 
     When Name shakes her head at us as if we're hopeless and then walks off, Hinoki turns to me with a smirk. "Against samurai?" He asks, amused.
     "Against prideful snobs, maybe," I return.
     He raises his eyebrows. "I can see why you think that, but not all samurai are like what you think. Have you ever met one?"
     I let out a scornful laugh. "I'm talking to one."
     "And am I everything you think of when you think of a samurai?" He asks, less out of curiosity and more to tease me.
     "I don't know who you think you are," I finally hiss. "You're here to turn to Keisuke in?"
     Hinoki raises an eyebrow. "Why would I?"
     My mouth hangs open. "You don't know," I say softly.
     "Know what?"
     "Never mind," I dismiss my careless words quickly.

// MY WEBSITES

4/19/2017 5:01 pm  #17

So that's why you were offline. THIS WAS WORTH IT.

4/19/2017 5:18 pm  #18

YES IT WAS SORRYYYYY. BUT YAY

// MY WEBSITES

4/19/2017 5:53 pm  #19

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Ummm, there is one part i was really confused with though. It was this:  My curiosity intensifies when I see the young samurai warrior standing in the office as well -- Keisuke must want to see both of us. Keisuke looks at me and says, "Sakenomi, this is Hinoki Ajinomoto. Ajinomoto, this is Hinoki Ajinomoto."
     Hinoki both slightly bow to each other and face Keisuke again, who jumps right into what he wants. "I need you both to work together on the Meiwakuna scandal --"

Liz - Roman Catholic - Cowgirl - Future State Trooper - Bookworm - Hopeful Future Author -  Country Music Fan - Movie and TV Show Junkie - Homeschooler - Etsy Shop Owner - ISTP

4/19/2017 6:01 pm  #20

Thanks! And WHOOPS... TYPOS... XD I meant to say...

My curiosity intensifies when I see the young samurai warrior standing in the office as well -- Keisuke must want to see both of us. Keisuke looks at me and says, "Sakenomi, this is Hinoki Ajinomoto. Ajinomoto, this is Hora Sakenomi."
     Hinoki and I both slightly bow to each other and face Keisuke again, who jumps right into what he wants. "I need you both to work together on the Meiwakuna scandal --"

// MY WEBSITES

Board footera