Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2015 9:23 pm  #1

VBS!

Is anyone going to VBS this year? (Vacation Bible School). I'm not, since I'm too old. It only goes up to 5th grade, and I'll be in 6th when school starts again, so. I hope to sign up as a helper for something, though! It would be fun to get to work with little kids, although I'm probably a little bit too young for that yet. I'm kind of nervous, because I want my friends to sign up too, but they don't know whether they are going to do it or not. I'll probably try to help out in the kitchen, since I'm REALLY BAD at crafts. Well, anyway, you guys tell me about your VBS!! 

https://media.giphy.com/media/2wh5JIuq5hPXp9htLP/giphy.gif
Lydia // Sinner saved by Grace // No longer homeschooled // 14 // ESFJ // Extrovert // Reader // Writer // Geek // Sports enthusiast // Philadelphia sports fanatic 
FAVORITE MUSIC: Relient K, Owl City, Kings Kaleidoscope, NEEDTOBREATHE, Echosmith, Lights
FAVORITE BOOKS: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, The Trixie Belden series, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Christy Miller series
FAVORITE MOVIES:  The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Jane Eyre 2006,  Pride and Prejudice 1995, The Princess Bride 
FAVORITE SHOWS:  Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Death in Paradise, Father Brown, 

6/21/2015 9:25 pm  #2

Re: VBS!

Oh, by the way, funny story from last year. We were making God's Eyes, and I was NOT getting the hang of it. A girl a bit older than me (who I vaguely knew) was trying to help me, but I was just failing anyway. When it was time to go, we opened up our paper bags to put in our crafts throughout the week (this was the first day), and mine was sticking!! So the girl walked passed me and was like, "Wow, you can't even open a bag." LOL! 

Lydia // Sinner saved by Grace // No longer homeschooled // 14 // ESFJ // Extrovert // Reader // Writer // Geek // Sports enthusiast // Philadelphia sports fanatic 
FAVORITE MUSIC: Relient K, Owl City, Kings Kaleidoscope, NEEDTOBREATHE, Echosmith, Lights
FAVORITE BOOKS: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, The Trixie Belden series, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Christy Miller series
FAVORITE MOVIES:  The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, Jane Eyre 2006,  Pride and Prejudice 1995, The Princess Bride 
FAVORITE SHOWS:  Star Trek: Voyager, Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Death in Paradise, Father Brown, 

6/24/2015 4:58 pm  #3

My church is doing the Everest VBS theme this year. I've never liked VBS (too many people), so last year I asked if I could help in a crew instead. I was too young for that, but the lady who was running VBS is super nice and let me do it anyway. While I wasn't the Crew Leader, I helped in a group of sweet little second graders. It was the best year of VBS I'd ever had! Maybe you could do that -- it's a great experience! Or maybe you could do the motions onstage if you like preforming. That's what I really want to do this year (my brother got to do it for a couple of years), but you get asked to do it (as opposed to signing up) and I haven't been yet . . . oh well.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a7/a3/be/a7a3beb1abc663a305319d7dfea7474c.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/60/4b/f7/604bf71935578f6f1a2a66a20a9ba136.jpg                
Hey! I'm Loren from Happy House of AG. I'm a Christian homeschool girl I love writing, acting, taking pictures, Pinteresting, Percy Jackson, reading, my best friends, Grumpy Cat, mermaids, and playing with my dolls.

I'm in the Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, Doctor Who, and Owl City fandoms.

I have nine American Girl dolls:
Tracy Rene
Caroline Noelle Abbott
Saige Courtney Copeland
Molly Kristina McIntire
Emily Natalia Bennett
Isabelle Rose Palmer
Ivy Jade Ling
Savannah Juliet Kingsley
MJ Alina Grace Valdez

My blogs: Happy House of AG, my American Girl doll blog, and Blue Eyes, Gray Eyes, my personal blog.

Reading: A King's Ransom by Jude Watson
"Broken crayons still color."    "People cry, not because they're weak. It's because they've been strong for too long."
--Loren

7/05/2015 9:10 pm  #4

I'm helping out with snacks! I just decided what I wanted to volunteer in. I'm SOOO nervouscited! (Nervous and excited at the same time). It's going to be lots of fun, though! :D

7/23/2015 7:24 pm  #5

I AM SO NERVOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Agghghhhghghghghgh!!!!  It starts ON MONDAY!!!!!! THIS MONDAY! I'm so scared I'll do something wrong or go to the wrong kitchen (the church has two kitchens >.<;) or be mean or knock over something. And I'm not the most popular with the adults running VBS, either.......
Ugh, I'm just SO nervous something will go wrong. Pray for me! 

And two of my friends are helping, but they are only helping with the dance moves, so they won't be in the kitchen. AND THERE ARE TWO KIDS WORKING IN THE KITCEHN, AND IT WILL PROBABLY BE SOMEONE I DON'T KNOW!!!!! it will probably be a boy....awkwarddddddd......

Last edited by LydiaMcCoy (7/23/2015 7:27 pm)

7/26/2015 6:10 pm  #6

Okay so apparently I'm not doing snacks anymore, I got swapped around till I ended up as one of the helpers for the group leader of the 3rd grade. I would much rather be with the preschoolers or something, but the good thing is my friend might help with the 3rd graders, too, and I all I have to do is help keep things in line and pass out worksheets and stuff. 

7/27/2015 10:39 am  #7

^Yeah, that's probably what I would want to do. I'm no good at anything art-artsy, like drawing, baking, the like. I would be so scared that I would mess something up in baking, because you have to be exact, and I'm no good at being exact.

Hello! My name is Blossom, theatre kid extraordinare. I love music, dance, acting, the whole performing arts shabang. My favorite musicians are Taylor Swift, Before You Exit, Isac Elliot, Pentatonix, Why Don't We, and Years & Years. I have 15 AG dolls, which are:
Chrissa
Emily
Abigail (#22)
Kanani
Molly
McKenna
Julie
Saige
Merri (#33)
Isabelle
Rebecca
Rowan (#61)
Maryellen
Tenney
Nanea
My grandmother's doll, Lanie, also stays with me.So techincally, I have 16 dolls in my posession. ( P.S.- I like color, also, though my favorite is PINK. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.gif)
OBSESSIONS: theatre!!!
I tried being normal once. Worst twenty minutes of my life.
I am.... imaginative stylish resourceful gutsy outgoing resilient spunky inquisitive fun dramatic bold individualistic creative irresistible artistic outspoken involved thoughtful sweet DIY smart optimistic natural clever honest groovy sensitive

7/27/2015 11:53 am  #8

Yay! My friend did end up helping also in third grade. It was SO much fun! I have no idea what I was nervous about! lol!

7/27/2015 11:54 am  #9

See? It all turns out okay!

Hello! My name is Blossom, theatre kid extraordinare. I love music, dance, acting, the whole performing arts shabang. My favorite musicians are Taylor Swift, Before You Exit, Isac Elliot, Pentatonix, Why Don't We, and Years & Years. I have 15 AG dolls, which are:
Chrissa
Emily
Abigail (#22)
Kanani
Molly
McKenna
Julie
Saige
Merri (#33)
Isabelle
Rebecca
Rowan (#61)
Maryellen
Tenney
Nanea
My grandmother's doll, Lanie, also stays with me.So techincally, I have 16 dolls in my posession. ( P.S.- I like color, also, though my favorite is PINK. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.gif)
OBSESSIONS: theatre!!!
I tried being normal once. Worst twenty minutes of my life.
I am.... imaginative stylish resourceful gutsy outgoing resilient spunky inquisitive fun dramatic bold individualistic creative irresistible artistic outspoken involved thoughtful sweet DIY smart optimistic natural clever honest groovy sensitive

7/27/2015 12:10 pm  #10

The kids were like SOOOO sweet...and when they ask you to do something you just get the greatest feeling. And they are so cute! I love little kids. <3 

7/24/2016 8:13 pm  #11

Haha, remember this? It was literally a year ago! And tomorrow I'm going again! I'm not nervous at all this time around xD 

7/25/2016 6:54 am  #12

XD

Once, there were children with stars in their veins.
 I'm Daisy, an INTP, ADHD writer with caffiene and a dream.
I believe it is my duty to honor God through fantasy, and I will bombard you with information about faeries until you want to kill me. Ask me about my fandoms.
WIP quote: "Great, no one killed me in my sleep!"
Currently reading: Crowns of Croswald
Currently listening: LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU JUST MADE ME DO LOOK WHAT YOU UST MADE ME DO

If you need a reccomendation for clean fantasy/sci-fi books and movies, just ask me!

|Marvel| |DC| |Star Wars| |Star Trek| |Narnia| |LotR| |KotLC| |LEGO| |HGTG|  |Hunger Games| |Disney|

Iron man = awesome, Batman = awesome, Loki = awesome, Zaphod = awesome, Haymitch x Effie = awesome, K2SO = awesome, C3P0 = awesome, Spock = awesome, Eustace = awesome, Keefe = awesome, Biana = awesome, Bilbo = awesome, Pippen = awesome, Princess Leia = awesome, Batgirl = awesome, Tamatoa = awesome

<happydayswithanonymousa.blogspot.com> <https://www.instagram.com/dragoncologist> Twitter: @Dragoncologist

http://68.media.tumblr.com/45ecf08bb5faa2aada043d60d95ee799/tumblr_oiadbvdaVh1u8a9qvo1_500.gif

7/21/2017 1:46 pm  #13

I always bring back this thread. My third year of helping starts Monday! I can't believe it.  

7/21/2017 3:22 pm  #14

This was my first year of helping. It was fun. But the VBS music was #annoying! Plus my crush was there and I was trying so hard not to embarrass myself. and I didn't

Liz - Roman Catholic - Cowgirl - Future State Trooper - Bookworm - Hopeful Future Author -  Country Music Fan - Movie and TV Show Junkie - Homeschooler - Etsy Shop Owner - ISTP

7/21/2017 3:29 pm  #15

Awww that sounds so awesome! And LOL! ;)

This will be my first summer VBS that I'm not helping out with (and I'm SO glad about it XDD #confessions)

http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Madi-AGH.png

Madi | 15 | minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ 

Asking Jesus into your heart solves all of life's problems, because when Jesus steps in, the devil steps out. 

// STATUS: Taking a long break from all blogging and writing; on a 21-day health protocol to drain fluid from my swollen knee; still on my year-long roleplay addiction. I haven't stopped roleplaying for more than four days in a row (youth camp) since May 2017!

// CURRENT ANTHEM:  I need You to fight for me / when I don't know what I believe / why does everybody leave / show me what it's like to dream ♪ (Fight for Me feat. Lecrae by GAWVI)

// WARFARE PROGRESS: Paused

// MY AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS
Molly • Josefina • Cécile • Emelie • Jasmine • Ellie • Chloe • Taryn • Katy Christine • Delaney

// MY WEBSITES
Delightful World of Dolls | Life Undefeated | Madison Grace

http://madisongraceauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AGH-Madi-2.png

7/21/2017 3:37 pm  #16

Yeah, I understand. I am drained. And I have a headache. So I might be leaving In a little bit to watch some person of Interest. 

Liz - Roman Catholic - Cowgirl - Future State Trooper - Bookworm - Hopeful Future Author -  Country Music Fan - Movie and TV Show Junkie - Homeschooler - Etsy Shop Owner - ISTP

7/22/2017 10:15 am  #17

I get so awkward when people/kids i barely know hug me. So i just kinda pat their back in a stiff awkward stance.

7/22/2017 10:16 am  #18

SaintsBridget&Patrick wrote:

I get so awkward when people/kids i barely know hug me. So i just kinda pat their back in a stiff awkward stance.

Me too. When I had the strength, I used to give kids piggy back rides though.

Until their little kid arms are strangling you XD

“Sometimes you fall, spinning through space, grasping for the things that keep you here. Sometimes you catch them. Sometimes you don't.
Sometimes they catch you.” Francesca Lia Block 
~Hallie Marie~

7/22/2017 10:19 am  #19

LOL! i have never given  a kid a piggy back ride.

But 3 different kids hugged me and i was super awkward

7/22/2017 10:20 am  #20

Oh XD

I don't hug people at all. Except maybe my brother, because he moved away and I don't see him much now that's he's in college. I don't "do" hugs XD

No touchy-touchy.

“Sometimes you fall, spinning through space, grasping for the things that keep you here. Sometimes you catch them. Sometimes you don't.
Sometimes they catch you.” Francesca Lia Block 
~Hallie Marie~

Board footera